Are Women Better at Investing than the Average Trader?

No. They dont have brains like us men.

That's true. They don't think with their testicles. They are far, far smarter than the majority of men. No wonder women owned businesses are the fastest, longest, and most successful ventues in this country nowadays.

This is about the only woman trader I have ever heard of But can you name her even

QED

Well, because they don't constantly act like a loudmouth with a pair of hookers on their knee, and a cigar in their mouth doesn't make them less successful. I met a lot of super successful women investors and traders on Wall Street. But they were never abrasive and flamboyant like the men, and therefore were heard less. But they certainly didn't have less success. Actually, many of them were in the top league.

Last edited:
Hello OP,

Of course, women make better traders. Women and better at multi-tasking and maintaining multi-neural processes that require a more distributed use of short-term memory. Historically, women have not entered the trading ranks, but that has changed somewhat over the last 20 years or so.

This women was a better trader: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWkTCHTNl6I&feature=related

Clearly, certain European males feel intimidated by better Women, regardless of the profession.

Well I won't disagree,if you can find a woman that can trade,cook and do the washing and ironing all in one day then sign me up.:p

Well I won't disagree,if you can find a woman that can trade,cook and do the washing and ironing all in one day then sign me up.:p

That's what I'm talking about. Women are simply better than men, especially Men who don't know how to treat Women. Women are better at so many things than Men are. We just live in a world that's afraid to admit it, that's all.

The sooner we get our collective head out of our nickers the sooner humanity can evolve. By then, Women will have taken over The City and Wall Street.

For a few days each month, I have noticed my wife becomes very up and down with her emotions and decision making. I have also noticed this with my ex and my mother. They also all share the same characteristic of erratic driving at this time too.

Do women day traders (or their bosses) factor this into their trading at all?

Not being sexist, this is something I have considered on occasions.

For a few days each month, I have noticed my wife becomes very up and down with her emotions and decision making. I have also noticed this with my ex and my mother. They also all share the same characteristic of erratic driving at this time too.

Do women day traders (or their bosses) factor this into their trading at all?

Not being sexist, this is something I have considered on occasions.

Its called full moon. Those are the two days a month some men kill and annihilate each other. So which do you prefer? Erratic driving or murders?

I see people behave more irrational and aggressive on full moon days. They tend to get into arguments easier on these days as well. You can see this especially when you spend time in large crowds of people, or work with them and you know their personality better.

That's what I'm talking about. Women are simply better than men, especially Men who don't know how to treat Women. Women are better at so many things than Men are. We just live in a world that's afraid to admit it, that's all.

The sooner we get our collective head out of our nickers the sooner humanity can evolve. By then, Women will have taken over The City and Wall Street.

Women have only had actual freedom even in our society less than 50 years. In most other countries they still don't have any freedom, voting rights or any official rights. And look at those nations what they are: poor, miserable, conflict prone, criminal infested houses of sheer misery.

Truth is, women are much smarter than men alltogether. Many don't have the same ambition money like men do, who will often do anything in their power for money, but they certainly have all the smarts. I've met many successful men whoms real brain is sitting next to them and is actually the cause for their wealth although they exist in the background.

The Observer: Testosterone and high finance do not mix: so bring on the women
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/19/neuroeconomics-women-city-financial-crash

"Michael Lewis's best-selling The Big Short, lets you into the bedrooms and boardrooms of the individual corporate men who catastrophically lost billions of dollars and, on the other side of those bets, the extraordinary ragtag of obsessive individuals who saw what was coming and made eye-watering fortunes."

"When asked what single thing he would do to reform the markets and prevent such a catastrophe happening again, he said: "I would take steps to have 50% of women in risk positions in banks." Pressed on this, he went on to suggest how science reveals that women in general make smarter decisions regarding investment than men, that when it comes to money, women in couples are demonstrably better at evaluating risk than their partners, and single women much better still."

City Index: Why Women Outperform Men at Spread Betting
http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20110608005941/en/women/female/spread-betting

No, they don't want to run the world. They are too worried being blamed. They always had, and always will be the puppeteers.

What a load of penile crap! When Britain was in the gutter Margret Tatcher reversed the country's economic decline and made this small land amongst the wealthiest in the world.

When the entire European Union was hit by the recession, only one country got out of it within a year: Germany. And who runs Germany? Angela Merkel.

Truth is, when women start to enter 50% of all companies and executive boards, that's when we will begin to see greater success and better outcome everywhere rather than the constant rollercoasters of recent years.

The sooner we get our collective head out of our nickers the sooner humanity can evolve.

Just say the word ladies and I will answer your call for help

should I bring a screw driver or wrench ?

:)

Its called full moon. Those are the two days a month some men kill and annihilate each other. So which do you prefer? Erratic driving or murders?

I see people behave more irrational and aggressive on full moon days. They tend to get into arguments easier on these days as well. You can see this especially when you spend time in large crowds of people, or work with them and you know their personality better.

In my experience I know a heck of a lot more women with pmt that affects their moods than I know male multiple murderers of which I only know one.

My question was- Is it common that these mood swings impair their trading?

Louann says Buffett is "able to manage his emotions better than most men are," a claim that caused me to make tight fists and snort in derision. She supports her assertion by pointing to studies showing that men "tend to take on more risk than necessary

Totally biased towards her own sex - just like a woman

Louann says Buffett is "able to manage his emotions better than most men are," a claim that caused me to make tight fists and snort in derision. She supports her assertion by pointing to studies showing that men "tend to take on more risk than necessary

Totally biased towards her own sex - just like a woman

That's a false assumption. Unless she's a lessy. Studies have shown the sexes have biases to the opposite sex.

eg: in a fight between a man and woman - Manager will take the side the woman and a Manageress will take the side of the man.

Am I being sexist by using the term Manageress?

Reminds me of "the worm that turned" by the 2 Ronnies! look it up on youtube

If women were so much better at trading, then every prop house and major bank would only employ women. They would have no issues with equal rights in doing so, so why haven't they done it? You can't tell me that every single one of them has a sexist at the top who only gives jobs to his male mates.

If women were so much better at trading, then every prop house and major bank would only employ women. They would have no issues with equal rights in doing so, so why haven't they done it? You can't tell me that every single one of them has a sexist at the top who only gives jobs to his male mates.

And there it is.

The whole premise of the thread is ridiculous to be honest.

That's why all the best chefs on TV are male. Because they are the ones always cooking at home right. :LOL: