are traders programmed to FAIL ?

Traders are not programmed to fail. The markets are specifically designed to rape by the sell side institutions.

Has the market really given you such a bad time?

No. I am seeing it giving 95%+ of people such bad time. Anyway, I am not even in the market apart from my equity holdings. Even that has nearly completely recovered, and I will be looking at a profit shortly.

Can you post your statements to prove it to us?

Peter

I would if I am doing a double your money thread. But I am not. Also I am not here to impress anyone and I don't care if you say I am losing my shirt.

I am in hedgetables. They seem to be leading the recovery like they lead the way down. The sell side institutions played yo-yo with the price. But they couldn't shake me out as I was pretending to be warrent buffet and holding my shares for life. Of course, now that the storm's over, I'll play a bit of trading by prunning and fruit picking. I am going to have some fun as my strategy has improve significantly since a couple of months ago. Believe it or not, I didn't know how to take profits until very recently. The profit came, and then the profit went. Now it will be different.

Last edited:
Traders are indeed programmed to fail.

Or rather, we have evolved with certain 'shortcuts', that helped us survive as a species living off the land that work against us in the domain of trading.

Stuff like "Tiger, run" is a heuristic (aka a shortcut) that works much better than a protracted process of analysis when contemplating the proximity of a large angry feline.

Wiki has a good list of them here - List of cognitive biases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you don't recognise patterns of your own behavoiur here - your are a robot.

I bet he drives a Volvo

Hate that car. Why do their lights go on during the day? They come up behind you and you're like, is this a police car? Then you're like no, it's some idiot driving a volvo. He's definitely a volvo driver.

This is incorrect. Most people would not run from tigers, bears, or lions. By the time these animals are seen, the people are already dinner.

mmm, tiger prawns.

Traders are indeed programmed to fail.

Or rather, we have evolved with certain 'shortcuts', that helped us survive as a species living off the land that work against us in the domain of trading.

Stuff like "Tiger, run" is a heuristic (aka a shortcut) that works much better than a protracted process of analysis when contemplating the proximity of a large angry feline.

Wiki has a good list of them here - List of cognitive biases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you don't recognise patterns of your own behavoiur here - your are a robot.

We're programmed to be greedy, so we over leverage and lose our shirt.

I would if I am doing a double your money thread. But I am not. Also I am not here to impress anyone and I don't care if you say I am losing my shirt.

I am in hedgetables. They seem to be leading the recovery like they lead the way down. The sell side institutions played yo-yo with the price. But they couldn't shake me out as I was pretending to be warrent buffet and holding my shares for life. Of course, now that the storm's over, I'll play a bit of trading by prunning and fruit picking. I am going to have some fun as my strategy has improve significantly since a couple of months ago. Believe it or not, I didn't know how to take profits until very recently. The profit came, and then the profit went. Now it will be different.

Stop asking to see other peoples statements, if you wont show yours. It seems like you want to see them just so you can follow them once you find out they are the real deal.

Last edited:
This is bollox. Everything we do is based on established knowledge gained through education and experience. Saying traders are programmed to fail is no different than saying to students they will never become professionals.

What a load of toss. Given the right education and allow time for experience, there is nothing stopping people from success in this business. It's a function of education and experience as is all skills in life. The problem for people not privy to knowledge is the ocean of scammers and useless information and guidance available to support progress. It has nothing to do with being programmed to fail, period.

Me programmed? I hope not!

I believe that argument to be a loser's way of thinking. Once that conclusion is arrived at what is the point of continuing, because the result is inevitable.

Stop asking to see other peoples statements, if you wont show yours. It seems like you want to see them just so you can follow them once you find out they are the real deal.

I am not convinced you have a real deal. In fact I am not convinced there are any real deals around here. I infer this from the complete lack of any generosity at all from people. Forums of all kinds usually offer value within a matter of minutes. I have to say I gained pratically nothing after 3 months of being here. Although there is some entertainment here playing with the BS'er. Unlike other type of forums, there are a lot of them here.

I am not convinced you have a real deal. In fact I am not convinced there are any real deals around here. I infer this from the complete lack of any generosity at all from people. Forums of all kinds usually offer value within a matter of minutes. I have to say I gained pratically nothing after 3 months of being here. Although there is some entertainment here playing with the BS'er. Unlike other type of forums, there are a lot of them here.

Expecting financial education on public forums isn't sagacious and frankly naive. No harm untended just my opinion.

Perhaps you should look at yourself. You expect some generosity, yet I've only seen negative posts from you. That doesn't engender generosity from others. There's enough on the forum to help you trade if you look. And there are enough posters who can give you good advice.

Expecting financial education on public forums isn't sagacious and frankly naive. No harm untended just my opinion.

I gained great value from all forums I ever came across apart from this one. There is some value here but significantly below the level I expect. If you tell me this one is special, then fine. But to me it's out of the norm.