Are there any systems on this forum or anyone on the net that actually makes money

ali4rmlondon

Hi there,
I've been looking at this forum and others for a profitable system to trade currencies and stocks. After trading them on demo I have not found any that are actually significantly profitable in the long term, i mean profitable over at least 2 years.
But I read posts from so many traders that talk like they r successful yet I dont come across any system posted by them that are sucessful and has been proved to be successful. I hope I am not offending anyone. I just want to know if there are any real profitable traders on this forum?

Regards

Certain methodologies help a trader to maintain a successful strike rate, but within that methodology is usually the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing market conditions.
I think you're right, no "system" can ever be constantly successful.

if you're looking for a simple methodology that is almost a "system", you can take a look at Captain Currency's 3 Ducks, or another useful one is the Synergy method CompassFX | SYNERGY Method, not often discussed on these boards for some reason, but a friend of mine in Phuket is making a very handsome living following it exclusively.

for other reading, I'd suggest trader_dante's Pin Bar method, or nkruger's Divergence thread.

But they're all "methods", not "systems" if you can appreciate the subtle difference ?

To whom it may concern,

Ali and I have exchanged PM's regarding trading literature. Ali expressed a *public* interest in trading Options anf Forex; my suggestions for reading were

Hull; Natenburg (options, obviously)

and

"Trade Chart Pattern like the Pro's" by Suri Dudella and any candlestick book by Steve Nison.

{Ali, I hope you will not mind me making our converations known to the public; the way I see it, these books will either be endorsed or rejected by the wider community - thereby givng you the opportunity to make a more informed decision. I understand this is bad form, but it should help you out}.

Anyway, with regard to systems:

"Adapt or Die" said the cockroach to the Dinosaur *

Traders can be constantly profitable (bar a few ups and downs), Systems cannot.

Traders are adaptable, Systems are not.

Being aware of how efficient your method of trading is requires alot of work; it is even more tiresome to find an alternative - particularly if the approach you have isn't, it is well known that the losing days are the most exhausting. I imagine this is where you are struggling - learn not where to buy the fish, but where to catch them.

* Was that someone's signature? Who are they quoting?

Hi there,
I've been looking at this forum and others for a profitable system to trade currencies and stocks. After trading them on demo I have not found any that are actually significantly profitable in the long term, i mean profitable over at least 2 years.
But I read posts from so many traders that talk like they r successful yet I dont come across any system posted by them that are sucessful and has been proved to be successful. I hope I am not offending anyone. I just want to know if there are any real profitable traders on this forum?

Regards

Give us a good reason to prove ourselves to you and one of us just might.

jj

Are there any systems on this forum or anyone on the net that actually makes money

Yes look at TraderDante's thread and also you could request to join the Technical Trader forum.

Paul

there is a lot more to trading than just finding some system on the net !

you could have the best trader in the world give you his system and still lose money

why ?

because its his and not yours !

you need to do the work and find your own edge in the market !

there is no easy money here !

and yes there are plenty of profitable traders here

just ask spanish :)

ahhhh no, not spanish, arrrgghhhhh there i go again i have set myself off again, someone stop me

killing it

you could have the best trader in the world give you his system and still lose money

why ?

I second that !!!

The lazy man's guide to riches in trading --- buy raffle tickets (will have same effect).

I am simply asking if anyone knows of any profitable systems here or if they would share one, thats all. Nothing lazy about that.:)

Give us a good reason to prove ourselves to you and one of us just might.

jj

You dont have to prove anything if you dont want too. But if I write countless post telling people about the market etc, and how I know it all, then I will first prove to people that my posts are worth reading. I would do that if I was successful otherwise I can just be a wannabe.

there is a lot more to trading than just finding some system on the net !

why ?

there is no easy money here !

and yes there are plenty of profitable traders here - how do you know that?

You dont have to prove anything if you dont want too. But if I write countless post telling people about the market etc, and how I know it all, then I will first prove to people that my posts are worth reading. I would do that if I was successful otherwise I can just be a wannabe.

Let us know when you're ready. :)

jj

ok, first you need to say a few bits about yourself

what do you want to trade ? and why

what timeframe ? scalping on a 512 tick chart or do you want to position trade

how is your attitude to risk, are you the kind a person who could handle massive volatility oil, natty, etc ? or do you think you would rather trade a less meaty beaty big and bouncy market ?

how much time can you put into your trading ? 12 hours a day or 12 hours a week

give us something to work with and then we might be able to help you

I am simply asking if anyone knows of any profitable systems here or if they would share one, thats all. Nothing lazy about that.:)

1. Moving Average & Price Cross Overs in the 5 min, 30 min, 1 hour & 4 hour & 1 day & 1 week charts. Purely text book theory. Combine moves with Fibonaci retracement and more recently Elliot Wave theory.

2. Bollinger Band breakout system.

3. Candle stick formation. Read a few and study previous charts and take a shot.

4. Pin bar formations - my favourite is Pinochios nose.

1 is my favourite coupled with MACD and Slow moving stochastics. From time to time I dabble with all of them.

5. I thought Lightning McQueens 3 key system was really good too. Especially on 5 min & 1 hour charts.

Good luck and let us know how you get along... (y)

Atilla is right.

Also the old floor trader's method (google it) is a reliable way of trading forex.

I'm about to restart a journal that tests a forex strategy too.

Nine

are you trading using this floor trading method, it seems to give too many false signals. where do you put ur profit target and stoploss.
do u have any way of filtering them?

Atilla is right.

Also the old floor trader's method (google it) is a reliable way of trading forex.

I'm about to restart a journal that tests a forex strategy too.

Nine