Are Brits naturally depressed ?

I think the cause of UK's depression may stem from the media.
We get a daily dose of depressing news from the BBC, ITN and the newspapers. Only very occasionally interupted by a team/person winning something.

Scandals, murders, rapes, outrages of every description, until one wilts under this torrent of bad news. I just let it all flow past like a river of dirty water. My sympathies, tears etc completely exhausted. Was it 100 who died in the flood or 1,000 ? I no longer care a less ! Fanatical foreigners killing each other by the thousand in Africa or some other distant place over next to nothing. Change the telly channel quickly Martha - spare us yet more doom and gloom o' mechanical sounding voice of despair !!

Hip Hop, what are you on about mate?

1)We live in 4d space. 3d is as hypothetical as 1d or 2d. Time is the 4th dimension in our universe and all structures are inevitably fractals.

2)Time's straight line theory metaphorical and essentially a graphic representaion of the process of cause and effect.

3)A black hole is an object of immense mass which has contracted to a minuscule size and as a result of mass/volume has a ridiculous gravitational force from which almost nothing can escape inc light and astros think may be able to bend time (unfounded as of yet). If an object of any such size had existed in our solar system it would be a very different place.

I would say I'm miserable I'd say in Britain we're realists. Thats why i didnt try to make $1m dollar buying houses like half of America.

Hip Hop, what are you on about mate?

1)We live in 4d space. 3d is as hypothetical as 1d or 2d. Time is the 4th dimension in our universe and all structures are inevitably fractals.

2)Time's straight line theory metaphorical and essentially a graphic representaion of the process of cause and effect.

3)A black hole is an object of immense mass which has contracted to a minuscule size and as a result of mass/volume has a ridiculous gravitational force from which almost nothing can escape inc light and astros think may be able to bend time (unfounded as of yet). If an object of any such size had existed in our solar system it would be a very different place.

Is today Physics and Math's day on here?

1) We live in a multidimensional universe of which 4 dimensions are observable to puny humans, 3 of which are spatial 1 of which is quaintly referred to as time.

2) The law of causality (and it's violation) is related to what happens to time in relation to Einsteins general theory of relativity.

3) Light bends due to gravity and it's effects on the space-time continuum. Time does not bend in itself. What you are I think trying to describe is the relatavistic effects on time to an observer in relation to space-time warping due to inifinite mass.

4) The British are just miserable, it's genetic and unless you are British, you just don't understand the fun involved in being that miserable.

No they actually think time can be affected by massive gravity. Time est non constanté. Look at the spped/time relationship.

I'm not genetically British. I have about 12.5% British DNA and I'm quite miserable. It's a culture thing. It's a choice and it's excellent.

Ahhhh. I can say with all certaintly, that gravity does no in itself affect time. Time is and always will be relative and not absolute. Funny how people think of the other 3D's as absolute though. They are just inifinitessimally small in relation to the universe and approximate to absolute measurements within the context of a relatavistic universe.

Yeah - good being dour isn't. One minute sarcastic, the next being moany and then laughing.

Last edited:
LOL

1) "Furthermore, the greater the mass, the greater the distortion of space. This is important for time travel – because space and time are related, if you change one, you change the other. So if you bend space then you will bend time!"

That's just media doing bad science again. Gravity distorts space-time but it's effects are relatavistic. You wouldn't notice a bend in time if you were sat on the mass causing the distortion. You do if you are observing it. FFS Ch4 even think time travel exists in that sentence.

2) I've done a lot of special & general relativity, astrophysics and quantum physics. I just know this **** so your ring ain't gonna get touched by me you filthy whore.

3) Anyway if you bent time, what would happen to your watch? How would it work, would you slow down like a slow-mo in a film?

:p

what the hell?
LOL
1) "Furthermore, the greater the mass, the greater the distortion of space. This is important for time travel – because space and time are related, if you change one, you change the other. So if you bend space then you will bend time!"

That's just media doing bad science again. Gravity distorts space-time but it's effects are relatavistic. You wouldn't notice a bend in time if you were sat on the mass causing the distortion. You do if you are observing it. FFS Ch4 even think time travel exists in that sentence.

time travel aside the premise stands when the mass is of such minuscule volume as with a black hole as the effects are exaggerated

2) I've done a lot of special & general relativity, astrophysics and quantum physics. I just know this **** so your ring ain't gonna get touched by me you filthy whore.

See above and get kissing

3) Anyway if you bent time, what would happen to your watch? How would it work, would you slow down like a slow-mo in a film?

Your thought processes would be slowed down as well so you'd only be moving slowly to the outside wouldn't you? Anyway... I don't believe in time travel or anything else like that I just wanted to point out that time is not constant and can be manipulated by external uberforces.

:p

I wish it was genetic but its not its cultural and its rubbed off on me, damn u brits:mad:

and pls do something about yor cats they all stink of cat food:mad:

ROFL

"time travel aside the premise stands when the mass is of such minuscule volume as with a black hole as the effects are exaggerated"

The mass is infinite, that's why the gravity is huge and creates the distortion. So let's take a black hole. You are watching a cat fall into it. Whilst the cat is falling into the black hole, time for the cat is passing by normally 1sec for the cat is 1sec for the cat as it plunges into the unknown. There is a point though for you, the observer, where the image of the cat freezes and time stands still. So in that sense, for you, time appears to stand still. You just can't see the cat in the black hole. This edge is known as the event horizon and I just can't be arsed to explain why to you. Needless to say 1sec is 1sec always but RELATIVELY speaking the perception of time will alter dependent on where you are and what you are doing in the universe. Time does not bend, even if CH4 say so.

"See above and get kissing"

I couldn't have articulated that better myself.

"Your thought processes would be slowed down as well so you'd only be moving slowly to the outside wouldn't you? Anyway... I don't believe in time travel or anything else like that I just wanted to point out that time is not constant and can be manipulated by external uberforces."

Your thought processes would continue to operate at normal speed, which for you appear to be quite slow relative to the rest of us :p

Love you really man. Just couldn't resist the jibe.

All domestic cat's are wrong.

ROFL

"time travel aside the premise stands when the mass is of such minuscule volume as with a black hole as the effects are exaggerated"

The mass is infinite, that's why the gravity is huge and creates the distortion. So let's take a black hole. You are watching a cat fall into it. Whilst the cat is falling into the black hole, time for the cat is passing by normally 1sec for the cat is 1sec for the cat as it plunges into the unknown. There is a point though for you, the observer, where the image of the cat freezes and time stands still. So in that sense, for you, time appears to stand still. You just can't see the cat in the black hole. This edge is known as the event horizon and I just can't be arsed to explain why to you. Needless to say 1sec is 1sec always but RELATIVELY speaking the perception of time will alter dependent on where you are and what you are doing in the universe. Time does not bend, even if CH4 say so.

"See above and get kissing"

I couldn't have articulated that better myself.

"Your thought processes would be slowed down as well so you'd only be moving slowly to the outside wouldn't you? Anyway... I don't believe in time travel or anything else like that I just wanted to point out that time is not constant and can be manipulated by external uberforces."

Your thought processes would continue to operate at normal speed, which for you appear to be quite slow relative to the rest of us :p

Love you really man. Just couldn't resist the jibe.

All domestic cat's are wrong.

Right....

1. Time bends

2. "Your thought processes would continue to operate at normal speed, which for you appear to be quite slow relative to the rest of us :p"
This is a mirror image of what I just said. Don't try that razzle dazzle with me son.

3. The Most Expensive Cat Breed. - StreetHop.com

1. Define the ovserable manifestation of how time bends.

2. You wouldn't slow down. Those observing would perceive you to have slowed down.

The clue is in the title of Einstein's theory of General Relativity, focus on the relativity bit.

Time does not bend. Your problem is viewing time as a spatial dimension. Stop trying to visualise it.

Doesn't matter how expensive the cat is, cat's and their owners are all wrong.

1. Define the ovserable manifestation of how time bends. An oject would appear to move more slowly or possible be to be stationary once it entered the area of space time which had been "bent".

2. You wouldn't slow down. Those observing would perceive you to have slowed down. Correct

The clue is in the title of Einstein's theory of General Relativity, focus on the relativity bit. A larger proportion of space would be acting "normally" and therefore any object in the vicinity of the anomaly will be deemed to have slowed rather than the rest of the universe appearing to perceive it that way

Time does not bend. Your problem is viewing time as a spatial dimension. Stop trying to visualise it. I'm not visualising it You're assuming I'm visualising it.

Doesn't matter how expensive the cat is, cat's and their owners are all wrong.
That cat is huge! It would kill any dog and probably a small child quite easily. It's amazing.

Originally Posted by robster970 View Post

An oject would appear to move more slowly or possible be to be stationary once it entered the area of space time which had been "bent".

To whom, the object or the observer?

Originally Posted by robster970 View Post

An oject would appear to move more slowly or possible be to be stationary once it entered the area of space time which had been "bent".

To whom, the object or the observer?

I hope you lose today.