Are Binary fills improving?

muska10

Hi Everyone,

After a long period away from IG binaries, I am considering a return.

Are the fills any better than 6 months ago? Previously I seem to remember getting egg timers for as long as 5-6 seconds before getting filled.

Is this still going on? And do they let you cancel your order once you have pressed buy or sell ?

Any info would be great. :D

I have used BB quite a lot in the past months. I don't think they are are improving much at all - I find it particularly annoying when you try and hit one price and it moves and you get a price that is 10 points worse than the one you tried for (in close hourly markets). As someone else suggested on this forum, I am trying out Binexx, they are an exchange and their site seem to be improving all the time.

nebuchadnezzar said:
I have used BB quite a lot in the past months. I don't think they are are improving much at all - I find it particularly annoying when you try and hit one price and it moves and you get a price that is 10 points worse than the one you tried for (in close hourly markets). As someone else suggested on this forum, I am trying out Binexx, they are an exchange and their site seem to be improving all the time.

That is great feedback, much appreciated. I will check out binexx. With any luck, in about 6 months there should be quite a bit of liquidity. Cheers.

Noticed that BinaryBets now include "Tunnel Binaries".
Any views on these ?

jitasb said:
Noticed that BinaryBets now include "Tunnel Binaries".
Any views on these ?

Tunnel Binaries - "American style double digital options" or one touch range bets / tunnel bianries

The bet pays out 100 if the underlying stays between the barrier levels between inception and expiry.

What are the spreads for these things?
I bet 98% of the people trading these things on the Binexx exchange has no clue of the fair value of these things....Think I might get involved and take all your cash!!!!
I thought that it was IG that were doing these things??? i might have a look and see if their prices are good; I fancy buying the sports exhaust for my 348 :cheesy:

Last edited:
Robertral said:
Tunnel Binaries - "American style double digital options" or one touch range bets / tunnel bianries for those not in the know ;-)

The bet pays out 100 if the underlying stays between the barrier levels between inception and expiry.

What are the spreads for these things?
I bet 98% of the people trading these things on the Binexx exchange has no clue of the fair value of these things....Think I might get involved and take all your cash!!!!
I thought that it was IG that were doing these things??? i might have a look and see if their prices are good; I fancy buying the sports exhaust for my 348 :cheesy:

I might take a look at these tunnel binaries. How do IG calculate the value of them? Before I take a dip I am gonna have to see how the price moves relative to the dow future.

muska10 said:
I might take a look at these tunnel binaries. How do IG calculate the value of them? Before I take a dip I am gonna have to see how the price moves relative to the dow future.

Depends what model they are using. You could have a look at pricing a double knock out barrier with a double digital payout; that would be my first port of call.

Robertral said:
Tunnel Binaries - "American style double digital options" or one touch range bets / tunnel bianries
Sorry I'm late on this, but anything to do with binaries and/or options has me hiding under my blue blanket.

BUT

The 'one touch/no touch' is very much central to the 4xtrend stuff Brian Campbell was pushing.

Although support ot his trading systems seems to be poor (to say the least) the use of his approach of using the "Big Boys" (=RR) models to establish sentiment seems to be the way to go.

If RR thinks they're good - they're good. (But I'd bet with RR on direction and volatility...)

TheBramble said:
Sorry I'm late on this, but anything to do with binaries and/or options has me hiding under my blue blanket.

BUT

The 'one touch/no touch' is very much central to the 4xtrend stuff Brian Campbell was pushing.

Although support ot his trading systems seems to be poor (to say the least) the use of his approach of using the "Big Boys" (=RR) models to establish sentiment seems to be the way to go.

If RR thinks they're good - they're good. (But I'd bet with RR on direction and volatility...)

ha ha ha we have a vol exprt in the house??? on a serious note where u think vol is heading? The song by Yaz comes to mind...The only way is up???? seriously what u think on a 3M term?
I don't trade direction so don't really care...
I guess I'd be a seller of the tunnel binaries on the currenices, and a buyer on the FTSE and DAX. any views????
Well if you want to trade some vol with me give me a call...I'd take all the vol you want to give me :)

Roberts's faking us...!!!

3M is down, down....DOWN....!!!!

RR - I wouldn't know what to do with Vol if it sat on my face.

TheBramble said:
Roberts's faking us...!!!

3M is down, down....DOWN....!!!!

RR - I wouldn't know what to do with Vol if it sat on my face.
If I were you, I'd push it off your face and put it in my direction...I'd take it
Check out a VIX or VDAX chart!!!!!!

Hi Fins are now talking about doing Bins. This should help keep IG and binexx in line (I see Binexx now charge 1p com). But Fins need to see that it is viable. Please mail [email protected] if you are interested.