Archbarron FX

BTW: Did they given any indication to the style of trading;

Trend, breakout etc

Bill
There are very many reasons! Surely alarm bells must have rang when you were asked to type a 'special code' in a second application to the client inorder to verify that you'd been successfully screened by the recruiter!!! The domain name is a few short weeks old! Joint address for client and recruiter! Speak with Reed. If you can't lose any money (because you have none) then go for it, learn and report back here. Best wishes though mate, assuming, of course, that you have no existing interest in 'Archbarron'.

Last edited:
Best wishes though mate, assuming, of course, that you have no existing interest in 'Archbarron'.

Seems a little fairy tale to me !!

A mate of mine also expressed his interest in the firm ... he also got given a date for interview, however everytime he confirms a date with archbarron... a few days later he will get a reply back that say's we are now interviewing for the following dates and this has been going on for three weeks.

I got an email from my mate and it seems Archbarron are really busy ....the HR at archbarron apparently work on Sundays,....he got an email from them on the Bank holiday / Memorial weekend.

Hey Bill
A fairy tale isn't a bad description of this whole thing ... tell you what, if this turns out to be a bonifide operation I'm gonna streak from Big Ben to the nearest pub that sells 'Old Con' Ale (it's delicious) and that won't be a pretty sight!!
Sincerely though, I hope it works out for you, this world needs characters who still have faith. Take care mate and keep in touch.

BJ21, 'existing interest' as in not connected to the company. Would be easy to anonymously allay suspicions here.
P.S. Glanced at post on iphone down pub Friday afternoon thinking it was from Bill, sorry! :rolleyes:

The name Len Stokes rings a bell to me - he was connected to an IFA firm I interviewed with when I first hit London... They were a bunch of A*holes as I recall.

I responded to an advert on Reed that was for Trainee Traders and paid a £33k starting salary - when Watson James eventually got back to me the first thing the guy did was fire a few Trading questions at me of which I got about half right.

He then went on to direct me to Arch Barron saying the course is usually £16k but if you impress them at interview then they'll pay half...

I was left with the impression that I'd only be 'serious' about it if I had £8k to hand...

Undeterred - I rang AB directly to see if I could sneak in via a backed role - 4/5 unreturned calls later I left them to it...