Archbarron FX

sam_w

has anyone heard of these people? i've been invited for an interview with them and cant make pot if they are a legit business. The website doesnt tell alot about them and cant find anything on google or on the FSA site.

anyway their website is http://archbarronfx.com/
any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

"The people’s fund decides what it is going to trade,"

have u seen any trades from people’s fund ? No. Think about it?

I suggest that you arm yourself with a list of questions...... listen carefully to the answers and observe the interview person closely.

It would not be cool to miss the opportunity and it will give experience for the next interview.

I love the way people come here asking for help, but are not willing to give any back ??

If you've been to the interview then come back and post your feedback !! The forum may not of helped you 'this time' but it may help someone else.

Happens all the time ..... The same problem I had 3 years back !!

Got approached by an agency called Watson James Recruit (who gaurantee a trading job) about it. I think they advertised the job on Reed. I havent booked the interview so i cant give any feedback on it.

Osrry for the late reply just havent been online recently so didnt get a chance to.

Got approached by an agency called Watson James Recruit (who gaurantee a trading job) about it. I think they advertised the job on Reed. I havent booked the interview so i cant give any feedback on it.

Osrry for the late reply just havent been online recently so didnt get a chance to.

Cheers for the response. Good luck if you go ahead. I had a look at their website, strange outift. I ve neevr heard of them or this 'peoples fund' but if you do go to the interview would be interesting what they have to say and if they are legit.

Hey all,
Well, i attended their interview last week and i really suspect that something is not right...
Has anyone else been to the interview? if so how did you feel about the company?

thanks

Why what was wrong?

Where are they based anyways? did the office look like a propper trading floor?

I havent been in contact with them but it's nice 2 see what kind of scams are going on!!

There are looking for 150 traders (London, Hong Kong, USA).
For the trainee traders role there is a training course with 8.000pounds tuition fees. If you are succesfull in this course you will be hire as a trainee trader with salary.
Their office was a building with a meeting rooms only for interviews without dealing room etc.

Sounds abit dodge to me.

Firstly 8k is above the market rate for those kind of things, and they are generally a pile of w**K. If a company thinks you will be a successful trader they will pay to train you.

secondly, why would would you interview in some random office rather than your own.

G/L if any one signs up ..

Hi,

I went for the interview recently armed with a list of questions as long as your arm. I am definitely not interested in a propshop so I spent the entire meeting with my antenna on at full blast waiting for the moment when I would be asked to open an account. I never was asked.

As I am a copious note maker here is the synthesis of what I learned.

The people's fund is a pure public relations exercise. It is there to get people to go to their website and apply to join them. When I pressed to see the results I got intersting answers. Of course they had to hand the details of the week when they made 5% in a weeks but before even giving them to me they said "Of course you cannot expect this every week."

They were really open about the £8k training course. In fact it is £16k but they pay half. They made it very clear that what they were offering was very different to the rest of the prop shop academies out there. To an extent I agree but not fully. I had interviewed with another proprietary firm based in broadgate circle who were charging £3500 for their course. Fortunately I had been put on to them buy someone I know who told me that this firm stop you out if you lose on a trade and so effectively it is always your money at risk. Archbarron trade their own money. Also, there is a basic salary if you pass their course of up to £36k to start. When I said that there were higher salaries available from the main banks I got a reaction that surprised me at the time but subsequently made more sense.

Archbarron said they could not compete with the major banks for the very best traders and were looking to hire guys that could follow strategies and work hard.

They agreed that £8k was more than the going rate but that it was "like comparing apples with oranges." I did not buy the line that you get what you pay for but that was just me.

If I had £8000 which I don't I might have been tempted by their money back offer. If you pass their 4 week basic course you are on salary with the firm. If you fail you get your money back. I could not see how I could lose but if anyone else can please let me know. I will not be joining them as I do not have the money

Just my 2 cents worth

Hey all. U all might wanna chek this out. Archbarron may not be a legit firm at all. The guy that interviewd us was Len Stokes (i'm assuming it was the same person for all of us?) Well I researched this guy out coz he told me that he'd been trading for a while. His name came up on linkden: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/len-stokes/10/a00/755

Now it says hes a recruiter nothing to do with trading, although he has interest of some forex groups at the bottom of his profile. Now I know what you all are thinking...may not be the same person right? Thats what I thought, then I found this:

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/len-stokes-warning/21/21a/b76

Read the above link very carefully. Someone whos apparently been conned by Len Stokes has made a warning profile and its mentions his most recent con is: Watson James Recruitment..recruiting graduates as traders. This person gives a detailed account of Mr. Stokes past experiences also ot gives another link at the bottom:

http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2009/11/...tional-responds/comment-page-2/#comment-19158

Watson James Recruitment is located at exact same address as Archbarron (check both websites..u'll see the addresses). So I thought let me do a little research. They have different numbers, so i rang watson james recruitment, a woman picked up saying Watson James Recruitment, I hung up (rude i kno, but did it purely for investigative purposes). I then rang archbarron immediately afterwards and the same woman picked up. Just didn't all add up to me.

Anyway the main think is the warning profile of Mr. Len Stokes on linkden. Now if he is actually a trader, why is his profile coming up with that he's a recruiter. And if this is all lies...say its not true...then why would people ...numerous people (read the oceans vibe link) be talkng about him and that he's a con artist (and they all mention the £8000). If your successful and an honest person, I'm sure you wouldn't be getting this amount of hate over the web and numerous individuals saying that he's a scam.

All of you guys: read all of this, the links etc and I wanna hear your opinions. Thanks

oh and on the ocean's vibe link it mentiones that these guys got told about this apparent charisma trading group aswel and never got refunded. Anyways check all the material out and give me your opinions. Thanks

Wow. I have my second interview on tuesday morning. As a result of reading this I am not sure I want to attend. Thanks for all the feedback.

On the other hand, I might just be passing up a good opportunity as I have been put forward for the scholarship scheme which involves no payment whatsoever. As soon as they ask me for money for anything I will be be vey careful of what I read here. Book 1 seems to have done alot of research and these guys seem as though they are not totally on the level. Book 1 where are you working now and how long have you been trading. How do I get into your firm?

Bill

Funnily enough i commented on this forum after seeing the thead, and over the weekend I was invited for an interview on either wednesday/thursday of this week. Seems like a complete scam to me. I have no interest in going but might have a look into who they are.

Joe

Seve,

What do you base this on. Have you had an interview there? I have just been offered a job as a trainee trader with them. I have not been asked to put any money into an account or buy a course or sign up to a desk rent contract. In short, if they are scamming me I cannot see how I am losing money and they are making it!

Who do you work for? Perhaps there are better opportunities at your firm? How do I apply?

billyo;

Congrats on the offer. Where is the offer based?
I think that people on here see things as a scam as when something seems to good to be true...

Are you taking the position?