Applying Wolfe waves to Forex

ilia king

Hello everyone,

Has anyone trading forex used wolfewaves, I know some members use them for the US Indices, also can someone recommend a good website to learn about them or maybe even explain them here?

Thanks,

Ilia

LevlII, I had a look through that and found some good information, however I am not willing to pay for the £3000 course. Also doing a search on t2w proved to be helpfull as I found a discussion narrated by Chartman explaining wolfewave.
However is it common on the EUR USD I think it is on the DOW, so far I have only found this example, which is probably wrong :eek:

Thanks Ilia

Attachments

• test8.png
    test8.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,668
Looks like a good example although if you had drawn the wave as it was forming (at the low of point 3) the 5 point would not quite have formed.

I agree, $3,000 it OTT for his course. There is a post or two on Elite from disappointed punters! It's also suggested there that Brian (see below) now sells cars for a living!!

Chapter 15 in 'Street Smarts' deals with Wolfe Waves. It commences as follows:

"This particular methodology is perhaps the most unique, effective trading technique I've (Linda) ever come across! It was developed and shared by a good friend, Bill Wolfe, who for the last 10 years has made a living trading the S&P His son, Brian, also trades it. Brian was the first teenager I've ever met who consistently made a good income scalping NYFE (Knife) futures from his apartment. Brian, now 21, has expanded into trading the Wolfe Wave in other markets."

There is another site at [seebelow] you may find helpful.

EDIT http://voodootrader.com/wolfewave.htm

LII

Last edited:
Thanks Levll, however I get the 'This page cannot be displayed' when I open your link, are you sure it is correct?

So would this be a valid wolfe wave prediction for cable on the 60 minute chart? -- Down?

Attachments

• test9.png
    test9.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 3,886
Thanks Goober I will definitely check it out, I'm starting to like the wolfe waves first time I've ever used them and its 110pips and growing on cable.

Cheers Ilia

Last edited:
Goober I checked out the link and it was great, just the kind of information that would help someone on bearish wolfe waves. After examining that and my chart, just a thought, I think that my 'wolfe wave' was not a wolfe wave but just a channel, so that explains the movement down, as the 2nd point should have been much lower at around 1.8150 to give a ascending bottom line which would meet with the 1-3-5 points to form the estimated time, therefore the price shold have reached 1.8185 around 5 hours ago.

I have attached a chart, with which I think would have been the correct pattern, I have edited the bars to show what a real wolfe wave would have probably been, there is a big difference with the one that I have attached

Attachments

• test13.png
    test13.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 2,984
ilia king said:
Goober I checked out the link and it was great, just the kind of information that would help someone on bearish wolfe waves. After examining that and my chart, just a thought, I think that my 'wolfe wave' was not a wolfe wave but just a channel, so that explains the movement down, as the 2nd point should have been much lower at around 1.8150 to give a ascending bottom line which would meet with the 1-3-5 points to form the estimated time, therefore the price shold have reached 1.8185 around 5 hours ago.

I have attached a chart, with which I think would have been the correct pattern, I have edited the bars to show what a real wolfe wave would have probably been, there is a big difference with the one that I have attached

hello,

this is a much misunderstood subject, and so most opinions of it are based on misunderstanding

the charts you've posted that i've seen are not correct as drawn. one can't just decide to cut off price bars to suit the situation. the ETA and EPA are just theory. you would do well to just focus on the price getting back to the #4 pt, an obvious chart point of support. if it goes beyond that great, but if you watch these things over time, you will find that not all of them will even make the #4 pt. this is not to say that the setup has "failed", profits are still there to be made. just learn to take small steps and forget the "pie in the sky" stuff

for what its worth . . .

GBPUSD looks set to crash to 1.5960 by 8th May'11 as per wolfe waves.
Check the chart attached.

Attachments

• gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 765