Anyone watch/trade CMC forex at the close/open for the weekend?

TRADERguy

I've traded CMC forex for a couple of years but today was the first time that I held a position over the weekend. They say they close at 5pm Eastern on Friday and this was confirmed by a message window at 5pm Eastern time that said CMC is now closed for the weekend. However prices continued to update for another half an hour. Does anyone know if these prices can be traded and what time do they open on Sunday (they say 4pm Eastern/9pm London time)?

Banks

You must understand one simple thing, that market is closing by American time and opennig by Japan's , so 9pm in London is 4pm in New York, so there are 4 more hours to trade if you do currencies with USD as base curr. There is another rason for changing currencies, that there is market between banks, that still working and all the time, but all brokers are closed.
Read books will help to earn, not to lose.

Traderguy.

With CMC sb you cant trade at market or place orders after the desk has closed, the situation is the same before the desk reopens sunday afternoon (charts tick before the desk opens).

Thanks darktone, that makes sense.

zonda86, Some of your comments are hard to understand. It's a little off topic because I'm trading with CMC and not on the interbank but are you saying that there is one or more bank platforms still trading from 5 to 5:30 pm eastern on Friday? I was under the impression that the NY banks were the last banks to close for the weekend at 5pm Friday eastern time and trade didn't start again until Monday morning in New Zealand (Sunday afternoon Eastern Time).

comments

I was irresponsible in spelling: rason is reason; curr is currencies. The other you shold understand. Trading system has got several levels of access and priorities and different working time. Working time of trading never stops. Advice: Don't leave your position unattended. :idea: