Anyone want my prize

Interesting idea - we're going to explore the viability of setting it up, we'll keep you posted with our progress!

Sorry for the delay folks, but I've finally gotten a response from Finspreads on this, and I'm afraid their 'compliance' department has vetoed the idea. Shame, as everyone here at T2W was for the idea...

rossored said:
Sorry for the delay folks, but I've finally gotten a response from Finspreads on this, and I'm afraid their 'compliance' department has vetoed the idea. Shame, as everyone here at T2W was for the idea...
never mind maybe they are afraid of a group of traders using one account, a lone trader is more vulnerable than a group

rossored said:

As you say, it is a great shame this was vetoed.Just think of the new accounts/customers they would attract if viewers of the thread and statements etc were treated to documented evidence in a public forum. Honestly, this is very short sighted of them.

Not to mention the loss of a perfect showcase for T2W members to dazzle with their trading prowess

C V

Plant a seed and watch it grow :)

counter_violent said:
As you say, it is a great shame this was vetoed.Just think of the new accounts/customers they would attract if viewers of the thread and statements etc were treated to documented evidence in a public forum. Honestly, this is very short sighted of them.

Not to mention the loss of a perfect showcase for T2W members to dazzle with their trading prowess

C V

Very Interesting.. Firstly it was and still is a very good idea and would make an excellent thread watching a live account and trades on said account by various traders. My question is how can Finespreads be against this ? The Prize winner is the owner of the account and is allowed to trade on that said account. It is the owners decision who has access to that account and who opens and closes trades if he gives a moderator that access and that said person trades with the account from trades given by another that is the decision of the prize winner. I cant see how this idea can be vetoed by finespreads as they issued a prize. How the said prize winner uses that prize is his business not finespreads.

ps. a book maker cant refuse to pay a punter his winnings because someone gave him the name of the horse he bet on... A broker cant refuse to pay a trader because a trader made a trade someone else called...

Nice idea Counter hope it carries on will be very interested in watching the outcome.

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Cardinal,
Is there closure of any sort on your prize issue ? I would be interested to know the outcome.
tx
C V

counter_violent said:
Cardinal,
Is there closure of any sort on your prize issue ? I would be interested to know the outcome.
tx
C V
the idea was vetoed by finspread, that was the last i heared

cardinal said:
the idea was vetoed by finspread, that was the last i heard

Yes i understand this. So what was the final outcome regarding your prize? Did you take it? Did you leave it?

regs

C V

counter_violent said:
Yes i understand this. So what was the final outcome regarding your prize? Did you take it? Did you leave it?

regs

C V
i did not take the prize, so i do not know what happened to it, i do not know anything about s/b and as my wife has just graduated from university (first class degree) as a nurse and there are no jobs in the NHS money is tight as i have supported her through uni for 3 year , and i also have a daughter at uni so it is a risk i could not afford , if you would like the prize and finspread are willing to let you have it i would be only to glad to let you have it

cardinal said:
i did not take the prize, so i do not know what happened to it, i do not know anything about s/b and as my wife has just graduated from university (first class degree) as a nurse and there are no jobs in the NHS money is tight as i have supported her through uni for 3 year , and i also have a daughter at uni so it is a risk i could not afford , if you would like the prize and finspread are willing to let you have it i would be only to glad to let you have it

Pleased to hear of your families successes and i'm sure your wife will soon find something suitable.

Thanks for your kind offer.

It would be a great shame to see the prize go unclaimed, but just to give it away to a total stranger is probably not the way forward.

Also there are others who's need is greater than mine but I must confess it could be a tricky job selecting a worthy recipient.

Another alternative may be to learn Spread Betting and use the prize yourself.

Anyway good luck with whatever you decide and thanks again.

regs

C V

Mods, could you offer any help with this matter ? Finspreads giving away £500 ....it would be criminally negligent not to take it off them.....wouldn't it :eek:

Last edited:
Surely if you won, you open the account and it is then credited. You make a couple of trades then withdraw the lot. I can;t see how they can say no? Unless the T&C says you can only withdraw winnings over £500, but thats daft?!

Actually the T&C's do state that you can't withdraw the £500 for six months.

The £500 is unclaimed at present and Finspreads are not prepared to give it to anyone other than the winner, which I think is fair enough. Those are the rules of the competition, after all.

However I am in talks with some other companies about doing the same thing (having a 't2w pot')- just because Fins vetoed it, that doesn't mean that everyone will.

Watch this space.

0% growth on £500 is better than £0.00

rossored said:
Actually the T&C's do state that you can't withdraw the £500 for six months.

The £500 is unclaimed at present and Finspreads are not prepared to give it to anyone other than the winner, which I think is fair enough. Those are the rules of the competition, after all.

However I am in talks with some other companies about doing the same thing (having a 't2w pot')- just because Fins vetoed it, that doesn't mean that everyone will.

Watch this space.

Great, so claim the price. Make the minimum trade required (if indeed trading is required in the T&Cs - Haven't checked 'em) and in 6 months. you get your hands on £500.

Jay

Just to keep everyone updated...

We have today reached an agreement with one of the other SB companies (names and details to be confirmed shortly) to run a real-money trading account with them.

Early days still, and I expect kick-off to be February 2007, but this will be an account traded by you, the members, with real money supplied by one of the SB companies. One of the team members of T2W will execute the trades called by the membership on a random basis - quite how we'll decide is yet to be sorted - and trades will be capped to a max of £1 or £2 a point - again, yet to be finalised.

Any profits at month-end will be donated to a charity that we'll probably run a poll on during the month - cancer research, great ormond street etc.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your input on this - watch this space.

(This post is duplicated here so it appears in a more prominent forum - please continue conversations relating to it on that thread)