Anyone want my prize

cardinal

i won the shares comp last month as i do not know anything about SB if the rules allow would anyone like to accept the prize.

Just open an account with Finspreads - they are providing the deposit and have a go.
If you are any good at it you can start dreaming of luxury yachts etc, Its easy to spreadbet. I use Fins - they are not as bad as people say.
If you really want to chuck £500 away chuck it this way :eek:

Winner?

cardinal said:
i won the shares comp last month as i do not know anything about SB if the rules allow would anyone like to accept the prize.

Who declared you as Winner??? :eek:
Sharky Where are you?????

cardinal said:
Cardinal

Forget about the prize - can we have your advice instead !!!!!! :LOL:

Charlton

Charlton said:
Cardinal
Forget about the prize - can we have your advice instead !!!!!! :LOL:
I can't speak for cardinal, but the traders enjoying spectacular success (and failure) in this month's comp' are those that risk everything on penny shares. It's a 'strategy' that might win the comp', but it's not likely to do so well in real life!
Tim.

timsk said:
I can't speak for cardinal, but the traders enjoying spectacular success (and failure) in this month's comp' are those that risk everything on penny shares. It's a 'strategy' that might win the comp', but it's not likely to do so well in real life!
Tim.
Tim

To be honest I haven't even followed the comp, so I don't know their strategy, but thanks for pointing it out. Of course such a strategy is not one I would recommend for real life, but it is well worth a risk in a competition.

Hopefully readers will take my comments in the spirit in which they were intended i.e. to have a laugh - some light-hearted banter, which is not meant to be taken seriously.

However nowadays it seems that everything one says on T2W can be misintepreted. I am normally by nature quite precise about my definitions and logic, but when responding to postings I normally type quite freely and may use words loosely.

Unfortunately some readers of this site like to be pedantic and, I am sure that this has led to many of the recent "issues" that have caused excellent contributors such as Mr Marcus to leave.

I hasten to add, Tim, that this is not directed at you personally. I have the greatest respect for you, but it seems opportune to make this point.

Finally I will also reiterate my congratulations to Cardinal for winning the comp, by whatever means he thought fit, and his generosity in wishing to pass on the prize.

Charlton

cardinal said:

Got an idea...give the prize to a full time trader/moderator on T2W,or similar high standing member.

Then this person acts as executor of trades only.

Then members who are man enough to call the entries and exits using dare I say it SPREAD BETTING , can show the Direct Access boys that making money is possible.

A weekly rotation from one member to the next should provide ample time for each to show off their skills :cheesy:

Results could be posted on T2W weekly.

A word of warning for any competent members taking up the challenge....play it safe on your week ...cos your going to look a proper charlie if you screw up !

Any thoughts ?

regards C V

counter_violent said:
Got an idea...give the prize to a full time trader/moderator on T2W,or similar high standing member.
Then this person acts as executor of trades only. Then members who are man enough to call the entries and exits using dare I say it SPREAD BETTING, can show the Direct Access boys that making money is possible. A weekly rotation from one member to the next should provide ample time for each to show off their skills :cheesy:
Results could be posted on T2W weekly.
A word of warning for any competent members taking up the challenge....play it safe on your week ...cos your going to look a proper charlie if you screw up !
Any thoughts ?
regards C V

Hi CV,
I love it. :cool:
Great idea, although I think that careful attention will need to be given to the issue of who will - or won't - be elected to call the trades. As none of us actually know for certain how good or bad another member is at trading, it then becomes tricky deciding who should and should not be allowed to call the trades. I suppose all those interested could register their interest with the moderator appointed to execute the trades and then said mod' pulls the (un)lucky trader out of a hat each week? Strict limits re. size and stop losses would need to be imposed to ensure the whole wad doesn't get blown in the first week. There could even be some sort of generic trading plan whereby all those participating would have read it and agree to its overall objectives. As I said in my earlier post on this thread, massive gains have been made in the comp' trading penny shares. Equally, it is worth noting that the member who made staggering profits on the first day has since lost not only the large profits, but a goodly chunk of their starting capital as well. I would be one of those conservative sorts (boring of me, I know) who would want to ensure that no 'high risk' stocks such as penny shares could be traded.

As an idea CV, I take my hat off to you, it's brilliant. The key question now is . . . what does cardinal think about it?
Tim.

Last edited:
mmm, given the skill of T2W members, when and how do we distribute the massive profits that will accrue :cheesy:

jon

you could invest it in something to remove the white background I'm still getting in 'standard format style' :devilish:

Appointment of moderators can be a costly business: a nasty initial charge plus circa 25% of any accrued profits, at a guess. :)

timsk said:
Hi CV,
I love it. :cool:
Great idea, although I think that careful attention will need to be given to the issue of who will - or won't - be elected to call the trades. As none of us actually know for certain how good or bad another member is at trading, it then becomes tricky deciding who should and should not be allowed to call the trades. I suppose all those interested could register their interest with the moderator appointed to execute the trades and then said mod' pulls the (un)lucky trader out of the hat each week? Strict limits re. size and stop losses would need to be imposed to ensure the whole wad doesn't get blown in the first week. There could even be some sort of generic trading plan whereby all those participating would have read it and agree to the its overall objectives. As I said in my earlier post on this thread, massive gains have been made in the comp' trading penny shares. Equally, it is worth noting that the member who made staggering profits on the first day has since lost not only the large profits, but a goodly chunk of thier starting capital as well. I would be one of those conservative sorts (boring of me, I know) who would want to ensure that no 'high risk' stocks such as penny shares could not be traded.

As an idea CV, I take my hat off to you, it's brilliant. The key question now is . . . what does cardinal think about it?
Tim.
good idea, as i do not understand SB and only enter the shares game for fun i am not bothered what the prize money is used for but would rather see it used than me just not taking it. Still having said that i would be interested if at all possible to be able to watch the progress anyone makes with it, also if anyone knows any sites i can visit to get myself clued up about SB i would be interested, it will come in usefull for the next time i win

barjon said:
mmm, given the skill of T2W members, when and how do we distribute the massive profits that will accrue :cheesy:

jon

Oh thats easy...

10% of annual profit for the mod who executes and administers
10% of annual profit for Cardinal for being so generous in the first place (possible income for life)or a dream for a week :rolleyes:
10% of annual profit for me, cos it's a brilliant idea ( Tims words not mine ) :cheesy:
10% of annual profit to a worthy charity ( homeless battered traders )
40% of annual profit shared equally between members who increase the pot by more than say 3% on the week ( bugger all for anyone who makes a loss )possible punishment beatings issued by socco
20% of annual profit retained ( growth )

C V

cardinal said:
good idea, as i do not understand SB and only enter the shares game for fun i am not bothered what the prize money is used for but would rather see it used than me just not taking it. Still having said that i would be interested if at all possible to be able to watch the progress anyone makes with it, also if anyone knows any sites i can visit to get myself clued up about SB i would be interested, it will come in useful for the next time i win

Mods take note, this idea may have legs :eek:

C V

May I suggest that in the (probable unlikely) event that a profit is generated from C V' s excellent idea that cardinal keeps his prize to do as he wishes and the profit be distributed to a worthwhile charity of cardinals choice.

would make an interesting thread indeed :)

cheers

Don

don_h said:
May I suggest that in the (probable unlikely) event that a profit is generated from C V' s excellent idea that cardinal keeps his prize to do as he wishes and the profit be distributed to a worthwhile charity of cardinals choice.

would make an interesting thread indeed :)

cheers

Don
i like the sound of that