Anyone using Marketcenter ??

rjay

I had a few questions, and seeing as esignal didn't reply (well it was late on Friday I guess), I wondered whether:

1) There was a limit to how many indicators you could display on one chart
2) Whether you could change the number of bars the indicator uses
3) Whether DAX & FTSE cash are included as standard

Hiya,

1) Not sure but it certainly does the two I use OK.
2) Yes you can.
3) No they are not, you'll need to pay the exchange fee

HTH

On the demo ( if you have ticked the echanges you want to sample) you can add instruments.

I have Dax, Ftse, German Bund, Eurostoxx50, Dow Future etc.

When you try the demo they will answer emails promptly during office hours.

I thought you had to pay exchange fees for RT stocks not just indices ? There are plenty of places where you can find RT indices on the net for free (though admittedly not European exchanges).

Apart from that, how are you both finding the software / datafeed ?? Also, what's the deal with the free trial - is it a case of having to pay upfront and then they refund or is it genuinely free ?

Yes you have to pay exchange fees for RT stocks (US and Canadian are included free though I think). The free RT indices on the net usually aren't futures though.

I've had a few problems with the UK charts this week and with the data the week before. BUT I have to say the support has been excellent. They really do try to resolve issues. I'd love to keep it after the trial but unless I get better reliability on the charts I won't be doing so. I really like it for monitoring the FTSE 100 stocks system I am running.

For the trial you have to pay exchange fees, so I'm paying LSE fees, otherwise it is free. My feeling with e-Signal is that they offer a quality product and support it well. MC I suspect is undergoing some technical teething problems but once they have sorted them (and I have no doubt of their desire to get it right) it will be a great product.

Hi Helen,

I'm just after Cash not Futures right now .. would I still have to pay exchange fees??

I think those are free, at least the US ones, S&P and Dow. For the first month you get ES too which is nice to have.

MarketCenter

MarketCenter is a new product and we are finding a few things as we start to roll it out to users. But as Helen said, we are fixing things quickly as we see it or as they are reported.

I love the product. It has a nice combination of ease of use and fast data, at a remarkably low price. No similiar Java product in the world has as much global coverage. Here is the list of stocks, futures, options, and forex we cover:

http://www.esignal.com/esignal/features/exchanges/default.asp

We have major plans to increase it's features set in the near future. We will offer an option to mix in exchanges delayed if a customer desires.

For more help, check out our forums:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/

Chuck
@eSignal

neil,

Are the FTSE and DAX you use indices, if so how much do you pay for them?

Thanks,
Pete.

Last edited:
Neil; nice to have you back posting. You went a bit quiet for a while. Wern't you planning a move to sunnier climes?

OK So I decided to trial Marketcenter ... but what is the symbol for the FTSE cash ?!? They have hundreds of indices listed on their website, but do they have the FTSE ? Oh no .... (at least not under 'F')

Thanks Helen.

BTW I have Yahoo! MarketTracker (don't laugh!) it includes FTSE and DAX cash which updates every 15 seconds. OK it's not real time but good enough to give some idea of the relative levels of cash to futures.

Anyway they have a free trial and at $10/month it's not expensive.

Smileypete

I think you'll find 15 seconds for the FTSE Cash is real-time. A lot of the indexes are updated at around this rate.

Since the indexes are calculated off the underlying constituent share prices, I guess they take a snapshot of all the prices at a precise point in time, run the figures through a number-cruncher and then broadcast the updated index figure.

Paul