T A indicator question

FTSEBOY

87 0
Hi all,
I wondered whether anyone could answer a couple of questions about some TA indicatores:-

1) Is there an indicator out there that can measure the depth of the arbitrage channel i.e the price differential between the cash and the futures price?

2) I am starting to look into $TICK and $TRIN indicators. Are there any good books out there that cover these in depth and from personal experiences do people find them legging or leading indicators?

Despite my nickname I am looking to employ them trading the e-mini nasdaq, e-mini s&p and the e-mini dow. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

FTSEBOY

neil

Legendary member
5,167 747
FTSE

Have a look at the www.elitetrader.com site and use the search facility on the home page (Top right) and type in Tick or Trin.

These have been discussed on Elite before I believe.

Hope this helps.

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
Hi FTSEBoy

1) I know it is possible to create a chart based on the difference between 2 charts in SierraChart. Takes a bit of programming, but it is possible. Not sure on any other way of doing it. Why you would want to measure the difference I don't know but each to their own :)

2) Trin and Tick are both lagging indicators. All you really need to know is if TICK goes above +800 or below -800 - there is likely to be a short-term reversal. Trin I've never really got on with I'm afraid :(

HTH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock