Anyone trading Dubai Strategies?

40 of your 58 pips came from todays single trade?

No don't be silly, like I said before I split 2% stake daily between several trades. The 40 pips today represented 20 pips at full stake as it was a 1% trade. At worst if all trades fail I could lose 2% a day. No more.

I made 31.5 of the weeks 58.75 pips today. Yesterday I lost -51 pips. Not important what you win or lose daily as long as you end the week, and month positive and keep thew the MM plan. Monday, tuesday, Wed and Friday where all + pips days, Thursday was a loser. Overall combined over the five days it was a weekly gain of 3.9% which is fantastic.

I only target to try and maintain 25 pips a week average gain, but at present I am well ahead running at 39 pips a week average since Mid July.

Mid May to Mid July was training with FNT with a £1500 starting pot, made £500 on that come mid July so added another £3.5 k to that mid july to increase stake, been making nice steady gains and more positive weekly compounding up weeks than negative compounding down weeks. Plus I run a lock up method in 50p steps that I no longer compound down below. So it £3 , 3.50, 4.00 . 4.50 etc. Longest drawdown run so far has been six trades in a row, longest winning streak was 17 trades in a row.

Started DS /AFFX daily 8th November due to slow self employed business (recession) so spare time to trade between Day job, often 3-4 days at a time.

John Wheatland who runs a daily trading room for AFFx has been brilliant as a helper teacher. Brilliant backup to have the system inventor taking the same trades and you mostly giving advice if you make a slip up.

For me modified Forex Net Trap and AFFx daily are doing me more than proud now. Plus about 20 trappers including me took a great group deal in the summer to be Beta testers / early adoptors for Affx as Dubai was also invloved trading FNT.

At 25 pips a week now I am on target for 100% pot growth by year end, obviously if I maintain or increase my 39 pips a week current average this will come much quicker.

Had i traded Affx FMOC week would have had an extra 150 pips but took lots of news trades instead with less success.

M

So, how many trades (on average) do you take per week to reach your target?

So, how many trades (on average) do you take per week to reach your target?

25 to 30 now last 3 weeks. Has slowly increased, was only 4-5 weekly FNT from May to September but would get average up to say 35 pips then bad run would drag it back down to lows 20's average again. Frustrating.

But this was fine as FNT was set before Day Job and was profitable. More time to trade daily ATM.

M

25 to 30 now last 3 weeks. Has slowly increased, was only 4-5 weekly FNT from May to September but would get average up to say 35 pips then bad run would drag it back down to lows 20's average again. Frustrating.

But this was fine as FNT was set before Day Job and was profitable. More time to trade daily ATM.

M

eight-ten trades per week..

eight-ten trades per week..

Sounds good. I suspect though this is at much higher stakes than £5-£6 pip for full 2% stake trade @ 30 SL.

i.e £9k pot x 2% = £180 stake daily. I suspect you are on the £20 pip or more bracket.

Could just do FNT and Affx on GU daily which would pretty much match your trade levels but wanted to diversify off everything on GU. Spread the risk.

Hence now trade GU,EU ,EJ and FTSE daily split risk still 2% (ish) max. If (when) I had a pot giving me £20 pip could just go back to FNT daily, 1 trade if that, and take the 25 pip p/w average becasue tha't then £500 p/w, just keep slowly compounding up.

I don't withdraw from the pot yet, trying to grow it slowly.

FYI I dont confess to win every trade and every day etc, thats stupid, no one can escape losing trades and drawdown.

This was this weeks results full stake.

Monday +21.63 pips

Tuesday +34 pips

Wednesday +22.88 pips

Thursday - 51.25 pips

Friday +31.5 pips

Plenty happy with that. Daily stakes will be higher next week now per pip with the weekly compounding up.

M

Eh? You take 8-10 trades per week for a return of 25/30 pips, is that correct?

No, 25 / 30 pips a week was 4-5 trades a week, FNT only. When I added Sunday Gap trades in Ocotber that rose to 8-10 trades a week and say 30-35 pips a week.

Now I'm on a whole mixture of FNT, FPA News, Sunday Gaps and AFFx daily i'm currently pulling between 50 to 100 pips. This I have been doing the last 3 weeks and have averaged over those last 3 weeks 78 pips a week.

Week 8th , +102 pips

Week 15th +74 pips

Week 22nd +58.75 pips

Hence my long term average has now broken well free of my 25 pips a week target and is on 39 p/w.

Attatched is the compounding calculator I developed for FNT. Lots of FNT traders use it and compound up / down weekly. Some use 50p or £1 lock up levels like me, some let it float weekly.

All we do is keep track of the pot value and the average (full stake) pips won since the week you started and adjust the orange boxes on a Sunday from the previous weeks trading results so we see what we are doing for the next week. It also projects out several years if you maintain your average and dont withdraw from the pot where you could be in XXX trading weeks / years.

Use a regular winning systems like our tweaked FNT (would not be anywhere nears as good with the origional) this is how Since 17/5/10 and 12/7/10 I have grown £5.5k to 9k. I have many many more winning weeks compounding up for the next than losing weeks compounding down.

As I have left my pot in here after this weeks win it is telling me I would hope to be on £20 pip @ 30 SL 2% MM in 48 weeks from Monday if I can maintain the 39 pips a week average. Higher average quicker, lower average slower.

This is why i said if you can average 100 pips per week compounding weekly the growth is scary, exponential function of growth via doubling time. Even the 78 pips a week average of the last 3 weeks is realy scary growth. If I ammend the "pips" orange box to 78 or 100 it gives the results in every sales systems blurb. But IMHO this is impossible to maintain. But no harm trying within sensible MM.

But I only try and keep 25 or above becasue i'm a realist and some drawdown will come sometime.

Anyone who wants to use this all the orange boxes are fully adjustable to how you trade, your pot size, average pisp won (scaled back to current full stake of course).

M

Attachments

• NTCompound2-adjustable.xls
    160 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
No, 25 / 30 pips a week was 4-5 trades a week, FNT only. When I added Sunday Gap trades in Ocotber that rose to 8-10 trades a week and say 30-35 pips a week.

Now I'm on a whole mixture of FNT, FPA News, Sunday Gaps and AFFx daily i'm currently pulling between 50 to 100 pips. This I have been doing the last 3 weeks and have averaged over those last 3 weeks 78 pips a week.

So, You took 4/5 trades per week for a positive return of 20-30 pips..then 8-10 for 30-35 pips, how many trades are you currently placing to achieve 78 pips per week?

So, You took 4/5 trades per week for a positive return of 20-30 pips..then 8-10 for 30-35 pips, how many trades are you currently placing to achieve 78 pips per week?

Bugger me, you are pedantic aren't you?

30-35 a week is his scaled pips from what I've read. His gross pips is in excess of that. A little reading goes a long way.

Gross pips won in a week are not important, it is the number of pips at full stake net that matters. I always track daily net winnngs / loss in £££ and divided by full stake position size to record net pips.

Looking at my MT4 history last week tells me I placed 29 trades, won +455 pips , lost -294 pips, so gross pips won was +161 but as these are all at different position sizes the scaled net pips for the week full position are +58.75. Daily risk was 2-3% max.

Net return for the week was +3.9%. I guess you swing / position trade completely differently but I like Intraday, especialy via price action. I am not going to knock weekly net retuurns of +3% or more, I would be mad to.

Nothing more to say now, should be crystal clear my trading plan and it's working, have no need to change it.

M

Nothing more to say now, should be crystal clear my trading plan and it's working, have no need to change it.

But if it stops working what will you do?

And if it stops working when will you know it's stopped working? After 1 week, 3 weeks, 4 months etc?

Mark, the long term problem you've got, and it's a serious one for you to consider is this - you're relying on another person to make you money. What if their system stops working and/or they don't want to sell you any updates, with a money back guarantee of course :)

My advice for what it's worth. Continue doing what's working but also work hard yourself to learn how to trade using your brain/skills rather than somebody else's. This means you control your own destiny rather than somebody else controls it.....

You guys are missing the point here - Dubai's trading room doesnt just trade one 'system' - they are trading. They are constantly analysing different currencies and trading accordingly using both fundamental and technical indicators. If the 'system' says trade they dont just trade it blind - unlike other 'systems' this one has the benefit of its authors discretionary calls, if you take advantage of the trading room. If all you want to do is trade a 'system' then there are loads out there for you to buy, if you want to 'trade' then this 'package' knocks the spots off most of the others because of the support you get with it. Horses for courses.......

And quite frankly, anyone who believes the hype put out by marketing companies about any of the commercial systems deserves to get shafted!

Last edited:
Bugger me, you are pedantic aren't you?

30-35 a week is his scaled pips from what I've read. His gross pips is in excess of that. A little reading goes a long way.

Ya think? I asked a simple question, expected a simple answer.

Q: "Heh Black Swan, how many trades did you take on (for example) Monday?"

A: "Six."

"Thanks for that..."

I have to say through lack of time I have paper traded his e-book strats the last few months and the returns are as stated on his blog, currently around 30% p/m.

M

I've been following this tread and seem more confused now. So several months paper trading at 30% per month gain in account size yet with live trading nothing like that. How come there is such a big discrepancy? Forgive my ignorance if I'm not understanding everything. Still very new to this.

Poppy.

I've been following this tread and seem more confused now. So several months paper trading at 30% per month gain in account size yet with live trading nothing like that. How come there is such a big discrepancy? Forgive my ignorance if I'm not understanding everything. Still very new to this.

Poppy.

Easy, huge difference between paper trading and live trading. for a start, paper trading doe's not have to be done "live", you can work out the trade results after the fact in MT4.

So in that respect paper trading you never miss an entry, never quit a +50 winner early becasue you think the market will turn on you, etc etc.

As they say Hindsight is 20/20. What paper trading is is saying "ok" i will trade this 100% to the rules no messing becasue no £££ is involved.

Trust me when you are suddenly doing it for £3 pip, of £6 pip, it becomes a different matter. Also live trading you are living a real life around your trading, I have missed pre 8am entries getting my kid ready for school, or 8am - 9am entries because I was doing the school run so not at my PC, etc.

Unless a system is a MT4 EA script automated for you, which this is to complicated for so far, then a system where official results appear between 6am and 4pm GMT will be very difficult to mirror 100% due to the human factor called real life!

M

Easy, huge difference between paper trading and live trading. for a start, paper trading doe's not have to be done "live", you can work out the trade results after the fact in MT4.

So in that respect paper trading you never miss an entry, never quit a +50 winner early becasue you think the market will turn on you, etc etc.

As they say Hindsight is 20/20. What paper trading is is saying "ok" i will trade this 100% to the rules no messing becasue no £££ is involved.

Trust me when you are suddenly doing it for £3 pip, of £6 pip, it becomes a different matter. Also live trading you are living a real life around your trading, I have missed pre 8am entries getting my kid ready for school, or 8am - 9am entries because I was doing the school run so not at my PC, etc.

Unless a system is a MT4 EA script automated for you, which this is to complicated for so far, then a system where official results appear between 6am and 4pm GMT will be very difficult to mirror 100% due to the human factor called real life!

M

Ok, so a newbie error by me. I thought when you said that you had paper traded for several months and achieved 30% per month that this is what you had gained in a demo account, rather than what could theoretically have been gained with hindsight. I can't really see that those results mean a thing, and I suppose that this is what the whole argument on this thread has been about, in that people say that there is no way that this can be achieved in an automated system with little knowledge.

It's all adding to my knowledge though, and interesting reading.

Poppy.

Ok, so a newbie error by me. I thought when you said that you had paper traded for several months and achieved 30% per month that this is what you had gained in a demo account, rather than what could theoretically have been gained with hindsight. I can't really see that those results mean a thing, and I suppose that this is what the whole argument on this thread has been about, in that people say that there is no way that this can be achieved in an automated system with little knowledge.

It's all adding to my knowledge though, and interesting reading.

Poppy.

If I could afford the wife to be a stay at home mum, do the school run, come home, bring me food and drinks, do the shopping et etc then I reckong being at the PC from 6am to 4pm I would catch 95% of the valid trades as the "trade signals" are automated. Breaks could be taken once trades where live.

But this is not real life for me. Plus i'm self employed so do most of my trading "between jobs" in this recession enviroment.

M

I am glad it works for you Mark i cant wait for it to arrive now.
There are a lot of sad people about who are to miserable to pay for anything but then again that is their loss.

I'm sure it will sort out all your trading problems Don. Pity TUFXP didn't

Last edited: