Anyone shorting the Dow Jones? pt 2

No, I'm sticking to what-abouts.

There's waaaaaaaaaay more money the FED can print without over-stressing our economy. Right now our Debt / GDP ratio is growing at the same rate, this is no coincidence. American currency is well under control. I wouldn't worry about the dollar collapsing anytime this decade.

Printing money = collapsing Dollar, simples. Just see how the value of the Dollar has depreciated against Gold in the past decade.

At what point do the debt servicing costs begin to swamp the debtor and is 0% interest rate sustainable? With debt rising, interest rates artificially low are bonds likely to be entering/ already in bubble territory, will that bubble eventually burst? Of course it will and when it does, all hell will break loose. By all metrics, there is too much debt in the world and the USA is the largest debtor. Still, there's always that Trillion Dollar Platinum coin.

News on the street was that a 3% - 4% correction could be coming in very soon. This is from my Inner Circle made of people from all walks of life, and a few astrologers and financial experts are making this call. I am not saying this is to pick the top or anything, but this is a sign from the concensus that have been going on. Some time in the early part of Feburary this event could very well take place. CL

Just Shorted the Dow cash at 14004 off to the pub see what happens Monday ! Looks toppy possibly a squeeze into the close but with any luck it might sell off !

Bit risky holding over the weekend?

I would be worried holding a long over the weekend , what else can they come out with to push this market alot higher, think the risk is much greater dorm thing bad comes out over the weekend to something good .

I do not think anything going to happen over week-end. On my opinion we will have positive Monday and maybe some side-way or shallow decline after...

Bit risky holding over the weekend?

Agreed, might run into a bit of tough luck with that there was a lot of profit taking after mid-day on Fridays HUGE day up which could mean the market opens fresh, confident and ready for the bulls on Monday.

Right, now does look like a crucial area.. it's very close to the 2007 high

Who's got their eye on this market at the moment?

EDIT: Chart added

Attachments

• Dow 2007 High.png
    Dow 2007 High.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Agreed, might run into a bit of tough luck with that there was a lot of profit taking after mid-day on Fridays HUGE day up which could mean the market opens fresh, confident and ready for the bulls on Monday.

Or the market could start to focus on the up and coming sequestration, ecb and boe decisions, I'm not saying its going to tank, but European markets have definitely been feeling toppy so we could see this down before the US open, I'm not saying this market won't move higher this week , but looking at chart levels we are so overbought short term it can easily come off 100 pips and stil be in the bull trend , I'm
Not a buy and hold trader, that's for the pensioners

Ok i'm putting my money where my mouth is again, in at 13985.5

Stop = 100 points, may add to position and may increase stop :clover:

Spread was a bit big at this time (n)

Attachments

• Dow Sunday Night.png
    Dow Sunday Night.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 163
Far less manipulation of markets back in 2007, so that high may prove meaningless.

I agree this top is much more stable than the last, far more liquidity we could hover in a tight range above the top for months, still expecting a sharp correction sometime this year though. It will take a bit of time for the largest "ahead of the curve" positions to exit above 1,500 though. With volatility being kept down I think this bull can continue extending.

Or the market could start to focus on the up and coming sequestration, ecb and boe decisions, I'm not saying its going to tank, but European markets have definitely been feeling toppy so we could see this down before the US open, I'm not saying this market won't move higher this week , but looking at chart levels we are so overbought short term it can easily come off 100 pips and stil be in the bull trend , I'm
Not a buy and hold trader, that's for the pensioners

Fat chance, their is a concerted effort to hold down volatility, no need to scare off the bulls amidst one of the biggest bull runs of the decade while we're approaching blue skies.

Ok position 2 is opened... Dax entry 7829.1 - stop 7929.1

Ignore the screenshot of my 2nd screen, dunno how to stop that lol

Attachments

• Dax short.jpg
    Dax short.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 168
Ok position 2 is opened... Dax entry 7829.1 - stop 7929.1

Ignore the screenshot of my 2nd screen, dunno how to stop that lol

Exactly same positions as me, but ive alos just bought bunds aswell !(y)

Fat chance, their is a concerted effort to hold down volatility, no need to scare off the bulls amidst one of the biggest bull runs of the decade while we're approaching blue skies.

we shall see mkts never go in a straight line !