Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Screenshot_22.png

Millennials are now workings as traders managing your pensions.
Good luck!

View attachment 286573
Could be worse. My best mate is an actuary and sits on the board of pension funds, deciding what to invest in. We were always arguing about "random walk" and "efficient market". Then one day I made him sit down and watch me trade for a day. Mr Chatty fell silent within an hour of the open. That was 9 years ago. We have never discussed the markets since.

Could be worse. My best mate is an actuary and sits on the board of pension funds, deciding what to invest in. We were always arguing about "random walk" and "efficient market". Then one day I made him sit down and watch me trade for a day. Mr Chatty fell silent within an hour of the open. That was 9 years ago. We have never discussed the markets since.
When the dax goes down 1.5% one day and up 1% the next you have to wonder about "Efficient markets".

DOW set to go north
I can see the S&P powering higher already, the dow looks a little restrained at the moment only up 100 in the last hour :rolleyes: .
Still early though so the Dow might rocket higher later. :)
WTF!

I trade DOW cash futures
Scalping M1/ M5 and M30 (anything over SMA 200 is buy)Risk 40+ points on DOW
For other intraday trades I also use H4 on the top of the above TFs with the risk over 100+ points on DOW

I also actively trade Dow Futures (Quarterly), these trades usually multi entry last for days, slightly larger spread but not overnight charges, using TFs M30, H4, Daily (and Weekly) with a larger volume candles and studying VSA, especially isolated volume of the NYSE session only. Several hundred points on these trades is an acceptable risk for me, on DOW.

I monitor different things like US tech100, oil, gold USD index

Also use gaps on indices and last session close zones, this is not all i look for, but the main core.
PA, market structure and the volume are paramount for me.
At times I can use the position/s on Quaterly futures as hedging on intraday trades of the cash futures.
You are right, without indicating TFs and risk exposure posting is of little utility.
I will post couple of charts later, as I am busy around the 28200 level atm.
My best wishes to you,
2be

PS added contend
Different gaps on DOW
Some historic ISG (Inter -Session Gaps) below and the gap to the last session close, the main ones I am concerned with.
Re Volume, MT4 is okish for speed but for exact volume I use different data feed.

Attachments

• DOW  Consolidation boxes M30 2020-08-26_153445.png
    DOW Consolidation boxes M30 2020-08-26_153445.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 55
  • DOW US Sessions M30 2020-08-26_153608.png
    DOW US Sessions M30 2020-08-26_153608.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I trade DOW cash futures
For other intraday trades I also use H4 on the top of the above TFs with the risk over 100+ points on DOW

I also actively trade Dow Futures (Quarterly), these trades usually multi entry last for days, slightly larger spread but not overnight charges, using TFs M30, H4, Daily (and Weekly) with a larger volume candles and studying VSA, especially isolated volume of the NYSE session only. Several hundred points on these trades is an acceptable risk for me, on DOW.

Also use gaps on indices and last session close zones, this is not all i look for, but the main core.
At times I can use the position/s on Quaterly futures as hedging on intraday trades of the cash futures.
You are right, without indicating TFs and risk exposure posting is of little utility.
My best wishes to you,
2be
Thank you 2be.

We're looking at almost the same timeframes then. Your risk tolerance is greater than mine. I believe that the sooner I get out of a losing trade the sooner I can get into a winning one.

On the basis of your recommendation I'm now long the DJIA.

Thank you.

I trade DOW cash futures

My best wishes to you,
2be

PS added contend
Different gaps on DOW
Some historic ISG (Inter -Session Gaps) below and the gap to the last session close, the main ones I am concerned with.
Re Volume, MT4 is okish for speed but for exact volume I use different data feed.
I'm slightly epileptic. Your charts nearly triggered a fit.

Hi vaughanv,
My charts look rich, some more that others, have been using them for years.
It a bumpy ride on DOW though Hf and consolation boxes are of assistance.
Have been long on dow, intra day has to establish a reversal on M30 before it goes north.
got some reasonable scalps even during this ranging session so far.
Below is one of my watch lists

Attachments

• One of my watch list, the main one 2020-08-26_155347.png
    One of my watch list, the main one 2020-08-26_155347.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 52
Hi vaughanv,
My charts look rich, some more that others, have been using them for years.
It a bumpy ride on DOW though Hf and consolation boxes are of assistance.
Have been long on dow, intra day has to establish a reversal on M30 before it goes north.
got some reasonable scalps even during this ranging session so far.
Below is one of my watch lists
Did you notice that the high for the DOW so far today was when you posted earlier (to the minute) that "it was going up"?