Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Your sitting in front of a computer connected to the internet maybe you've heard of Google?
Nobodies going to hand you the answers on a plate in life.
Sorry don't mean to not putting effort, just thinking whether than typing a long answer, may just verify by you, so here is my answer, please give your feedback.

Dow is easier in this case, sum of 30 price divided by a number, which this number is constantly updated.

Ftse is more complex, it calculates by the sum of market capital size (price *share) and also a weighting number and then average it.

*Both I learn from wiki and investopedia, had a quick look of Russell guide a bit too technical, but I think wiki provide the core concept anyway.

So here is what I (think) understand and not understand

1. The movement of Dow really depends on all 30 companies move together in the same direction. The means when it goes up, likely most of the 30 go up, and when down (panic sell), all 30 down.

2. Ftse moves by probably 1 or 2 significant companies movement like BP and HSBC.

Now here is what I don't quite understand the difference of the two index
1. Majority of the time Dow moves up more, but the 1 or 2 company in FTSE couldn't benefit from it and bring the index up??

2. When it is a down day, all 30 comp go down, but FTSE can actually go down more by only movement from one or two company??

Sorry is a bit long, do appreciate your time of reading

c'était dû à mon clavier français ...🐸
Fichtre, sieur Ricsop.. Excuse bidon!:)

Etant donné que sur le clavier azerty c'est le "w" que donne "z" en qwerty....donc peut-être il s'agit plutôt d'un coup du célèbre "fat finger" de vendredi?

Bon weekend:p

Fichtre, sieur Ricsop.. Excuse bidon!:)

Etant donné que sur le clavier azerty c'est le "w" que donne "z" en qwerty....donc peut-être il s'agit plutôt d'un coup du célèbre "fat finger" de vendredi?

Bon weekend:p
mdr ... mais ils sont juste l'un à côté de l'autre, je plaide coupable au fat finger !

counting down now ..