Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

But why not the 'strangle' ?

tbh I looked into synthetics at the end of 2015 and it all got a little beyond me - right now all I really have time for and confidence in is buying simple calls/puts. Plus I'm doing options through IG, so I very much doubt that synthetics are particularly cost effective with their spreads taken into account. :rolleyes:

tbh I looked into synthetics at the end of 2015 and it all got a little beyond me - right now all I really have time for and confidence in is buying simple calls/puts. Plus I'm doing options through IG, so I very much doubt that synthetics are particularly cost effective with their spreads taken into account. :rolleyes:

They won't be.
I would suggest finding a High Volatility moment (circa above 30..and 20 to 45 days to go) for selling any Put Options. But keep the 'margin' in mind, this does make Delta neutral trades rather attractive. :)

They won't be.
I would suggest finding a High Volatility moment (circa above 30..and 20 to 45 days to go) for selling any Put Options. But keep the 'margin' in mind, this does make Delta neutral trades rather attractive. :)

Cheers for that, although I have only bought Options so far - so I know my risk - when I've got P&F licked, then I'll be putting my Options training hat back on! (y)

Dax falls after the close,
Ftse falls after the close.

Anyone want to bet Dow closes Up tonight.
You couldnt make it up, no one would believe it.

Heres a snapshot of the s&p 500.
Look how everything is down, and look at how the futures just keep going UP!

Attachments

• sp.png
    sp.png
    315.3 KB · Views: 140
Dows gone up 70 points in 90 minutes. If it keeps going we'll be 10 points off 0 by the close. An easy push over the line.

Got some momentum building now.
60 points left in just over 60 minutes. Dont say I didnt warn you.

Anyone want to short this? :LOL:

Its going down - arrgghh I never thought I would see the day.

Considered a short, as the up move looked corrective in wave structure, but the Dow has been so strong lately that I just left it and called it a day. Still think they could be aiming for 18,000.

Considered a short, as the up move looked corrective in wave structure, but the Dow has been so strong lately that I just left it and called it a day. Still think they could be aiming for 18,000.

Dow went up 20 points in 90 seconds just before the close, then another 30 points 7 minutes after the close.
It does NOT want to go down.