Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

No ones covering their ftse positions before the dow opens. Shes at the low of the day and they are confident shes going lower.

The low targets are still in, because of Fridays action this week changes looking for lower lows
only a print of 15717 today would cause a recalc and yes thats no typo

OK ta, so am I right in thinking that the extensions in price seen after the boj decision are just left to play out naturally?

My confusion comes because on another call (ftse I think it was), you mentioned that prices needed to hold below a breakout level, before resuming higher to hit the target, perhaps the day after.

Hey all, new member here (or at least returning after a VERY long time).

Looking at 16165 LONG entry on the Dow. Been scalping today to 16185 and beyond.

Any opinions on market volatility atm?

I mean, the Dow/FTSE are moving like a dog all over the place (last 2-3 weeks) and I feel like even scalping is under threat of increasingly big intraday movements in the markets, be it getting stopped out or playing a high beta strategy.

Looking at 16165 LONG entry on the Dow. Been scalping today to 16185 and beyond.

I mean, the Dow/FTSE are moving like a dog all over the place (last 2-3 weeks) and I feel like even scalping is under threat of increasingly big intraday movements in the markets, be it getting stopped out or playing a high beta strategy.

hi kknehra, I can only speak from my own perspective, in hindsight the charts always look all dramatic, but I think the volatility & general flow is nowhere near the frenetic nature I grew to love & hate.
I haven't danced with the ftse for a long time, I found the points per hour were not worth the effort, forcing higher £pp to make it even remotely worth a punt.

I switched to the Dax some time ago, it was a fire cracker for a long time, it has it's moments, but !!

OK ta, so am I right in thinking that the extensions in price seen after the boj decision are just left to play out naturally?

My confusion comes because on another call (ftse I think it was), you mentioned that prices needed to hold below a breakout level, before resuming higher to hit the target, perhaps the day after.

The boj skewed the price and altered the pattern for the DOW and in the end the FTSE in order to get back on track they will both hit lows the FTSE needs 5820s just to complete last week so a 5925 to 5821 would be reasonable for tomorrow

The DOW has much more to do that needs below 15695

Its really all about price
so pop quiz to any traders reading what recent price would you have liked to enter the DOW at?

Hello kknehra,
looks to me like volatility is reducing, though given recent levels thats not surprising. Reduced volatility says to me the market is finding a base. We're testing lows at the moment so I think it holds over the next 2 weeks and starts to go up.

Hello kknehra,
looks to me like volatility is reducing, though given recent levels thats not surprising. Reduced volatility says to me the market is finding a base. We're testing lows at the moment so I think it holds over the next 2 weeks and starts to go up.

agreed but you forgot to mention the rather rotund lady soprano

agreed but you forgot to mention the rather rotund lady soprano

Yes she hasnt sung yet, I've given up picking bottoms and was looking over a longer timeframe.
The yanks are going to make the markets go up.