Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Been out for the day, missus' birthday, just saw Book Of Mormon - brilliant :)
Whilst in B@1 bought FTSE 6000 CALL, 2 contracts, max risk £480, expiry 19th Feb, hope you've all had a good day :)

Just bought a Brent 3450 CALL, 1 contract, max risk $380, expiry 17th Feb
Not expecting to hold it for very long, but a bounce up-to 30/barrel will put me in the money... no market moves in a straight line for ever!

If European markets close higher today, many investors who have opened selling positions in the market will resort to derivatives to protect their capital and might close their positions. In addition, recent declines have made some stocks interesting from a fundamental point of view, which could attract the interest of the so-called value Investors. When a financial asset goes through a very prolonged and steep downturn, where many investors have opened selling positions (short), recoveries are usually quite quick and sharp. However, if today’s behavior of European equities is weak investors who bought yesterday, as well as potential buyers will be discouraged.

Just bought a Brent 3450 CALL, 1 contract, max risk $380, expiry 17th Feb
Not expecting to hold it for very long, but a bounce up-to 30/barrel will put me in the money... no market moves in a straight line for ever!

But it can move side ways for longer than expected.

Either the Dow has finally de coupled from Oil or its overstretched the Up move.
Oil price has stopped going up.

Attachments

• crude.png
    crude.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 190
Mmmm... My SB provider is not providing a live pre-market price quote this am. IG and CMC seem happy to.
Bit disappointing.

Mmmm... My SB provider is not providing a live pre-market price quote this am. IG and CMC seem happy to.
Bit disappointing.

In fairness to them they do provide FTSE fixed spreads 24hrs - and have stuck to them whereas IG and CMC vary theirs which I assume is the underlying reason (plus hedging etc etc)

No real surprise that the FTSE futures reached 5755 last night from the 5600 low - still the way the market was behaving happy to take the pips offered at 5640 from last trade yesterday as I felt it could have gone either way!

Today US oil reserves will be released. In recent weeks, there has been a fairly volatile and distant readings forecast of economists. Despite this volatility is possible to trace a pattern, characterized by a much smaller increase in oil reserves and a sharp increase in gas reserves. Economists estimate that crude oil reserves have increased 2.6 M.USD and gasoline 1.9 M.USD.

Mixed results today - did too much scalping with no real runners. Overall up but hard work! Annoyed that I did not read the market properly.

Agree with you it was exhausting and the result is the broker probably made as much as we did (n)

The battle continues, don't feel we are out of the woods yet.

@Strugglingtrader and @swissy how many points did you make today? and on 'average'?- I stress points not pounds :) I'm curious about "how many points" you'd need to define a day as good. In fact do you tally up weekly point totals also?

@Strugglingtrader and @swissy how many points did you make today? and on 'average'?- I stress points not pounds :) I'm curious about "how many points" you'd need to define a day as good. In fact do you tally up weekly point totals also?

@f2calv I don't really understand this points business :eek:, I guess I'm still a novice and think in pounds. I see a lot of traders say they made 200 points for the week and they are done or for the day and I don't really know what that means in pounds. But if I take away all the points I bought and sold or sold and bought today they totalled 231.

I traded better today but yesterday I think it was closer to 75 points. Hope that helps.

By the way watched first episode of "BILLIONS", definite one to watch guys.

All the best.