Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Buy the Dip at these levels looks very dangerous because i always wait to fall the price at key support levels to buy.

I was asking if he has any special technique or system to follow.

For the last 3,4,5 years buy the dip has been the safest strategy even at all time highs.
The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. And this market sure is irrational.
We havent hit S&P 2000 yet. Thats when it might be prudent to revise the BTD strategy, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the last 3,4,5 years buy the dip has been the safest strategy even at all time highs.
The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. And this market sure is irrational.
We havent hit S&P 2000 yet. Thats when it might be prudent to revise the BTD strategy, maybe.

Do you think we'll sell off at the close, or go up to finish the day and the week at the high of 9735?
I know where my money is.

You have been stop out from last couple of days trying to short. look at daily and weekly charts before buying the dip at this stage.
Generally speaking, if that was the case you all were millionaire since you are trading from last 10 years. I can even not figure out if you guys are doing it for a living or just for noodles.

You have been stop out from last couple of days trying to short....

So has everyone who shorted, thats why I stopped.
I cut my trading back from 30 to 50 trades per day to virtually nothing, waiting for this mess to sort it self out, and the only way to make money this week has been to buy the dips - at all time highs!
Dont fight it.

Right I'm long Daxy @945 with a stop @ 928 because 930 hasnt been breached all day so it couldnt possibly break now.

I've just taken +7 off this, as were so close to the weekend and the spread widens considerably.

So has everyone who shorted, thats why I stopped.
I cut my trading back from 30 to 50 trades per day to virtually nothing, waiting for this mess to sort it self out, and the only way to make money this week has been to buy the dips - at all time highs!
Dont fight it.

I respect your efforts to post your entry setup and you have guts to post your lost trades as well :)
I have been trading forex on daily charts but i am new to scalping futures index.
The key part is the precise entry. I am here to learn from you senior guys. How do you enter long after a falling market?

Do you enter long when you see a 5MIN candle born?

If you bought at ANY time this week, you are now in profit.

I remember last week after buying the dip from a major key support area of daily chart you closed your position after the move finished just before NY close. You also rightly predict that price will remain bullish overnight and that was true as well.
Why did you close that trade ?

Just had a quick check in the trouser area, been married too long my b@lls of steel have rusted.

Do you think we'll sell off at the close, or go up to finish the day and the week at the high of 9735?
I know where my money is.

What a difference one week and some WD40 can make.

Have a great weekend everyone. :clap:

Attachments

• steel-balls.jpg
    steel-balls.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: tar
I remember last week after buying the dip from a major key support area of daily chart you closed your position after the move finished just before NY close. You also rightly predict that price will remain bullish overnight and that was true as well.
Why did you close that trade ?

I dont hold overnight for a number of reasons, not least I was short one weekend and the Dow gaped open over 80 points up. :eek:
The other reason is if you are holding a long position in the morning and you do your analysis, you will automatically look for reason why the market will go up. This will result in pain and misery.
These are the little snippets of information that make reading through endless posts worthwhile. There is some good stuff on this site if you can find it.

I dont hold overnight for a number of reasons, not least I was short one weekend and the Dow gaped open over 80 points up. :eek:
The other reason is if you are holding a long position in the morning and you do your analysis, you will automatically look for reason why the market will go up. This will result in pain and misery.
These are the little snippets of information that make reading through endless posts worthwhile. There is some good stuff on this site if you can find it.

Will you please recommend some useful content :innocent:

You have been stop out from last couple of days trying to short. look at daily and weekly charts before buying the dip at this stage.
Generally speaking, if that was the case you all were millionaire since you are trading from last 10 years. I can even not figure out if you guys are doing it for a living or just for noodles.

Popcorn

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 462
15 min data over the last week...futures
trend into res...that broke on thursday and friday...red horizontal
we either break higher or test the trend /green
we can see horizontal breakouts underneath
dax ftse are messy..price moves

b6xzxi.gif

Reactions: 2be
Good morning all

Not posted for a while, have gone short FTSE at 6863. Ftse has been in a 100 point range for over 4 weeks and approaching the top of recent range, also gap up of 30. Have had a few good wins trading this range over last few weeks.

Ian