Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The intra day system I am using based on the last day's close at 9:59 British Summer Time (In effect us session close time with the exception of Fridays when the US session closes an hour earlier)is a simple one with the advantage of providing an exact entry points and initial SL.( usually somewhere between 15 -30 pips)
Short entry was 9535 exit set up for 80 pips initially, but the market has closed that trade before I could have protected the trade with a trailing stop.
This being Bank Holiday Monday I have not expected a great reaction but dax had fulfilled its Average Daily Range and made 149 pips (out of 124 for the last tr) already and Dow made only 64 (out of 121).
It could well be the Ukrainian factor and/or the Sentix Investor Confidence release data at 9:30.
This so far achievement makes me nervous to renter short at these levels, but after a pull-back short might be a possibility for today, but with a hard SL.
I expect the Low today which will also be a C of an ABC corrective I have posted earlier on..
The minimum for that C has been met in regards of PA and Time Fibs.
9341 would make that C to be 100 of A.
After today I shall start looking to the Long side, but not catching the bottom, only enter after a confirmation.
Now patiently wait for the reversal on DAX, once that is in play there will bw plenty pips made on the long side.
Piano, piano and enjoy the Bank Holiday Monday!
2be
ITD/ MC1 Low 2 is in, next ITD/MC1 High 3 is due on 13 on May or after, will work some fib levels, but there are several hundreds of pips waiting to be harvested.
Shall hold longs for a while (Position trade) and for intra day trading will be longs when PA and market structure maximise possible entries, with bias to the long side.
Great trading to all,
2be

Last edited:
Dont be a right T I T
remember Today Is Tuesday.

Attachments

• rtit.JPG
    rtit.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 85
mornin' all

You've been making hay whilst I've been away I hope :)

When I went at beginning April FTSE stood at 6640 with DOW at 16560. Currently FTSE 6820 (+180) and DOW 16546 (-14) - that's some FTSE strength over the month.

Spanish jobs and services pmi all good, Euro rises, German exports more expensive so dax goes down... Err wait a minute thats not happening. Ah of course Tuesday trumps fundamentals.

Anyone got open positions, i'm erm long FTSE, at 29........oops.

Shorted DAX for a tickle early on and pulled 10.

Anyone got open positions, i'm erm long FTSE, at 29........oops.

Shorted DAX for a tickle early on and pulled 10.

FTSE 100 (^FTSE)-FTSE
Prev Close: 6,822.42 Open: 6,822.42
Day's Range: 6,815.29 - 6,828.6

Thats pretty good going. :p

Almost down 50 points on Dax, soon be time to go up 100.
Unless Russian troops are actually crossing the border into Ukraine as being reported.

Almost down 50 points on Dax, soon be time to go up 100.
Unless Russian troops are actually crossing the border into Ukraine as being reported.

Come on, Postie! Don't try to stir up the fear factor!:D We have cancelled our holiday booking for the Ukraine, this summer.

morning everyone.

we broke sp500 cash daily low yesterday, keep eye on 1878.5 (june 1872.5) whether yesterday break was flushing weak bulls.

Do you not think its going anywhere near yesterdays low then?

I have no idea today. ( no change there).
It should go up but there is a lot of nervousness out there for all sorts of reasons.
I'm in and out in 30 minutes max. Dont fall in love with any position today.