Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

If you think logically, market is not UP

Jobs data today is the most important economic release of the month. Market has come back to the same level where it was at the start of the week (aprox)

The direct indicated after the 1:30 will last probably the rest of the month.

Last edited:
If you think logically, market is not UP

Jobs data today is the most important economic release of the month. Market has come back to the same level where it was at the start of the week (aprox)

The direct indicated after the 1:30 will last probably the rest of the month.

i think there is an absence of shorts prior to data release, so market drifts higher firmly.

the data is expected to be good, so people more likely to be long and shorts are fearful . the market has "priced" in strong recovery and good jobs growth

i think there is an absence of shorts prior to data release, so market drifts higher firmly.

the data is expected to be good, so people more likely to be long and shorts are fearful . the market has "priced" in strong recovery and good jobs growth

Hang on....

anything above 190K will be bad and market will be sold.

remember we have come back to "Good news is Bad"....

Last edited:
Short ftse 6764

As I have a healthy attitude to risk and I'm not hedged I've closed this position at 6768 (-4) going into a volatile period. We will see if its going up or down soon enough and I will have funds to trade it.

Any predictions on NFPR?

Think most estimates are in around 196k.

I think that anything less than 190k would see the market retreat rapildly.

Anything above 203 would continue the rally.

Whatever the number is the markets are going to jump UP, after that is where it gets interesting...

Yes that seems to be the smart opinion. And, a 2 hour press conference afterwards! Someone is going to be doing a lot of "managing the message" to keep traders calm. :LOL:

Now we know why theres a 2 hour press conference.