Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi guys

Back in the fold today. Hope you all had a great Christmas and have blasted off strong into 2014.

Who do you trade with?

I trade with IG and Intertrader. IG is more reliable and allows you to trade more than £10 per point without having to be 'referred' :rolleyes: but the spread on Intertrader is better.
Trading Dax on Intertrader for more than £10 per point is almost impossible.
You will find you need a second account as intertrader has a habit of stopping (very dangerous to your wealth), during the Fed announcement in Dec the Dow moved 200 points before Intertrader caught up. :whistling

I trade with IG and Intertrader. IG is more reliable and allows you to trade more than £10 per point without having to be 'referred' :rolleyes: but the spread on Intertrader is better.
You will find you need a second account as intertrader has a habit of stopping (very dangerous to your wealth), during the Fed announcement in Dec the Dow moved 200 points before Intertrader caught up. :whistling

I'm not sticking around on InterTrader, I just want to hit the £1,000 market with the free £100, then am going to ask to withdraw the £900 profit and leave. But I have a feeling that they won't let me becasue of some terms & conditions they have in small print.

I'm not sticking around on InterTrader, I just want to hit the £1,000 market with the free £100, then am going to ask to withdraw the £900 profit and leave. But I have a feeling that they won't let me becasue of some terms & conditions they have in small print.

If you've been with them for 3 months the £100 is yours. Take the full £1,000.

I see they're hunting your Dax stop.

I think IG allows up to £250 per point on DAX directly :innocent:....more than that you may have to call them....more the size better for them .....sooner or later most punters with high leverage will loose all and even more based on spreadsheet compound effect daydream....

Hi JSB,
I'll be interested to hear how it pans out for you. Personally, I'd be very surprised indeed if InterTrader didn't allow you to withdraw the money. After all, there's not much point in offering new clients a 'golden hello' of £100 to trade with if they then prevent them from withdrawing their profits. The damage to the reputation of the SB industry as a whole - and InterTrader in particular - would be huge. My bet is you'll be fine. They may ask you for permission to use you as an example of what's possible to entice others to open an account with them!

Regarding the indices, I'm short the Dow from 16,407 but have a protective hedge in place in case it doesn't play out as I expect. (I'm looking for price to waterfall below the 16,400 support.) My assessment is that the Santa Rally was too hard and fast and everything is very overbought at the moment. Ergo, a significant pullback from the end of year highs is highly probable, IMO. However, by the same token, I think it's unlikely that the bulls will allow the high of 31.12.2013 to go unchallenged and, therefore, a test of the highs is probable at some point. I think a retreat is likely before that happens - hence my short - but I think there's still some more upside yet to come.
Tim.

Last edited:
Morning SD,HTW, Postman and every one !!!!

Earning season again and fusion with economic situation + economic hangover....

It will be spiky and rocky ride...

Hi JSB,
I'll be interested to hear how it pans out for you. Personally, I'd be very surprised indeed if InterTrader didn't allow you to withdraw the money. After all, there's not much point in offering new clients a 'golden hello' of £100 to trade with if they then prevent them from withdrawing their profits. The damage to the reputation of the SB industry as a whole - and InterTrader in particular - would be huge. My bet is you'll be fine. They may ask you for permission to use you as an example of what's possible to entice others to open an account with them!

Regarding the indices, I'm short the Dow from 16,407 but have a protective hedge in place in case it doesn't play out as I expect. (I'm looking for price to waterfall below the 16,400 support.) My assessment is that the Santa Rally was too hard and fast and everything is very overbought at the moment. Ergo, a significant pullback from the end of year highs is highly probable, IMO. However, by the same token, I think it's unlikely that the bulls will allow the high of 31.12.2013 to go unchallenged and, therefore, a test of the highs is probable at some point. I think a retreat is likely before that happens - hence my short - but I think there's still some more upside yet to come.
Tim.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm looking for Wall St to hopefully head down to around 16340/50, but if I can get the low 400's today at least, I will be very happy.

Last edited:
Well at some point in earning season, in bumpy ride FTSE has to hit 6949 and DOW 17000

amd that will be death point.... expect 25% to 30% correction in both DOW and FTSE...DOW should be below 12,000 and FTSE around 5000