Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I'm just practical, the markets are going up so buy, they're not giving ANY indication they want to go down. You'd have to be certifiably insane to short Dax or Dow.
Actually you'd have probably blown your account by now if you'd been shorting them.
I may not post tomrrow. Just buy early with a trailing stop and go out for the day. Maybe for once get some Christmas presents that dont come from a local filling station shop on 24th Dec. :LOL:

I do agree somewhat but I think the big moves north are past us now. I can see a slow climb up but with some down days too. Just have to try and judge it right. I can see us being stuck at around 16200 this week and will be shorting at this level.

Who said a pack of fags and an out of date Mars bar weren't merry?
After all, it's the thought that counts lol

I do agree somewhat but I think the big moves north are past us now. I can see a slow climb up but with some down days too. Just have to try and judge it right. I can see us being stuck at around 16200 this week and will be shorting at this level.

Who said a pack of fags and an out of date Mars bar weren't merry?
After all, it's the thought that counts lol

Dont get me wrong I'm no perma bull but with so many Years of upside behind us its hard not to have been turned.
If the market looks like a down day tomorrow I Will short it, but I'm just not seeing it on any chart. Unless the Dax is about to make a head and shoulders, (sub 9290 might turn my head).

Investopedia ...
Some contrarians view readings (Vix) below 20 as excessively bearish.
S&P 12.6 ! :LOL: ;)

Investopedia ...

the do not understand how to use vix.

if you compare realised vol to the VIX you see VIX is overvalued,

from mid November to end of may markets rise so the cost of hedging collapses, hence the low vix its not a sign of bearishness at all

Last edited:
Investopedia ...

Yes, but market can still go up for weeks and months, have a look into history not very far.

The thing is its very difficult to predict exact time

My SB wont provide a price on the Nikkei (for my protection you understand :LOL:). I'm guessing thats due for a fall overnight.
Futures showing 15580 which is about 50 points off the close. I would short that for about 150 points!

Last edited by a moderator:
I initiated a short UK oil and long US oil

Brent had a big run today, following the Iran deal.

Last edited: