Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The Dow has risen nearly 1,000 points in 3 weeks with no hint of selling at these levels. Why would you want to short it? No one is selling, just ramping the prices up and up and up.
Just my opinion.

I'm happy just picking off a few points here and there. Rarely hold for more than half an hour, whatever happens.

The wall of cash into U.S.-listed mutual funds and ETFs (including those that invest overseas) has hit $277 billion, and that’s with just over two months to go in the year, according to TrimTabs Investment Research. That’s the most for one year since $324 billion for all of 2000, which of course is the year the last tech bubble burst.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetel...o-far-this-year-highest-since-2000/?link=sfmw

The wall of cash into U.S.-listed mutual funds and ETFs (including those that invest overseas) has hit $277 billion, and that’s with just over two months to go in the year, according to TrimTabs Investment Research. That’s the most for one year since $324 billion for all of 2000, which of course is the year the last tech bubble burst.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetel...o-far-this-year-highest-since-2000/?link=sfmw

So what do you reckon, Dow 17000 by NY, 10,000 by March?

Manoli/...

Anyone in the Boston Massachusetts area? Maybe you know or heard of a guy who's name is Manoli? I hear he is a super day trader, and willing to teach...I recently moved to that area and would love to get a hold of him and pick his brain a little...thanks

MOARning everyone.

Just taken my 'suspend reality' pill and am now ready for trading. :LOL:

MOARning everyone.

Just taken my 'suspend reality' pill and am now ready for trading. :LOL:

good morning postman

morning everyone

dow buy/sell 700/662

market is bullish unless sp500dec breaks 1756 (yesterdays low, 6740 approx)

Last edited:
I think we will test that 662 this am.

postman did u see my post of article about huge inflows into stocks ? retail is dumb money and will buy tops and sell lows.

I would normally be uber bullish but if retail is bullish then I must be suspicious and any "long term sell signal" should cause a large fall

Someone posted on this thread last month about stocks holding these levels for the rest of the year.
Given that the FOMC news is already built in to prices the worst case scenario is we go down in the channel and back up to these levels by year end.
The alternative 'suspension of reality' scenario is it keeps going up and up.
No one ever went broke underestimating how stupid some Americans are.

Do you think we should have nuked China last week?

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• foolish0.gif
    foolish0.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 333
Right. So a bit more bad news should take it to 800 today.

dow is distorted due to price weighting, better to use sp500 cash which is cap weighted, dow is good because of range and 1pt spread, for direction work off the sp500

sp500 cash is almost in a parabolic climb on daily view