Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning All

ASX and HK broke down in the morning.
But some after lunch buying in Hong Kong pushed the markets back up.
Hard to call a move before the FOMC, USD should be the leader.
Will go to bed later with the sit on my hands trade.

mornin' all

ftse still persisting in trading weak vs dow so i'm still underwater and sinking - not long to go before i cut this one

morning barjon

i wonder if the re jigging of the dow has caused this.

Maybe, there certainly seems something of a seismic shift in the relationship going on. On the other hand ftse was persistently strong by about +120 points late August and it hasn't yet got to the weakest it's been in June.

Still getting the intraday back and forth, though, but periods of strength have been unusually thin on the ground this week so far.

Maybe, there certainly seems something of a seismic shift in the relationship going on. On the other hand ftse was persistently strong by about +120 points late August and it hasn't yet got to the weakest it's been in June.

Still getting the intraday back and forth, though, but periods of strength have been unusually thin on the ground this week so far.

i watch HSBC, it is below 700p hard for ftse to advance while that persists.

the three dow components that were removed could move the dow 34pts, where as the 3 added can move the dow 234pts .

also volumes in US indices are lower than christmas holidays in 2012

Mr TopStep, Danny Riley

We were right about selling the early rally and a low-volume grind, but this time it was a downward grind. Don’t listen to anyone; the real reason the ESZ (S&P e-mini futures) sold off was simple. All the buying associated with Larry Summers headlines was done Sunday night into Monday morning. By the time the S&P futures opened at 8:30 CT the buying was used up and what was left was all sell stops and sell programs. It was definitely a case of selling the news.

http://mrtopstep.com/2013/09/sp-6-last-7-ahead-fomc/

The Dax has re entered that upward trend I posted yesterday.
Thats the same chart I posted last week with the 8845 target. :eek:

should be support

Attachments

• FTSE 100 23.png
    FTSE 100 23.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 118