Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Got to be honest shorting this is not a good idea it seems, feels like it did a few months back, just keeps grinding !

Hi Talbs

Check out the DAX in March this year, March 2000 and Jun 2007 to Jan 2008 .
8,000 to 8,100 very strong rejection area.

this chaps worth following on twitter, Jim Mellon he has 542,142 followers

@jimmhk

daily updates of my live action fx trading and stock trades as well as commodities including gold..all free.. check out Cracking the Code - Home caveat emptor etc

Got to be honest shorting this is not a good idea it seems, feels like it did a few months back, just keeps grinding !

It's exactly like it was. Don't forget though that other than a few brutal days in june we've seen no selling.

Anyone Buying the dax or ftse at these levels?

think we get to 6550 today, based on a minimum range for sp500sept

so current high 6530 think it adds 20pts

FTSE being juiced by falling pound, got to 2 pips within multi year lows

famous last words

Last edited:

famous last words

I can understand if your in the trade and holding from yesterday, but does anyone have the courage to buy into the markets at these levels.
I have to say I don't. I think it could fall big any minute and its stopping me from taking long side trades.

famous last words

do not think this is panning out. dow cant hold 15,300 and sp500sept cant hold 1644.

I can understand if your in the trade and holding from yesterday, but does anyone have the courage to buy into the markets at these levels.
I have to say I don't. I think it could fall big any minute and its stopping me from taking long side trades.

I was able to short the Dow ;)
- it seems I am a natural Bear - must watch out for that, dont want any bias creeping into my decisions.

must be hard for brokers to make money when volumes are low, so I suppose they have to trigger longs then trigger shorts and then trigger longs again.

when market appears obviously bullish run it lower and suck in shorts, then run it up and stop out the shorts and make longs re-enter

today we had about 135 people viewing this thread, think they were looking for Talbs, most of them have left now

Dow 15,306

ftse 100 cash index
shows the trends from 25 june
no reason to go short
30 min data
zwf8rr.gif

that can be dangerous
look at the last push upwards and analyse that

Hi d007

Can be dangerous.
But can be nice when you get a range trade for a few days.
You get burnt when it breaks and you don't cut it.
Sometimes get a false break(s) before the real break, which should be the warning signal.