Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

F***k me going to need a bigger spreadsheet.

Yanks wont like you FTSE boy's

Going to be very hard to short in Asia.

Just find a good position to get long on the ASX.

Current 4,826 got to be looking for 4,875

FTSE implies ASX @ 4,922 which seems impossible.

Blimey - talk about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, I'm miles underwater.

ftse traded +123 strong vs dow proxy today which is the biggest one day difference I've seen in over 4 yearsworth of records. Can't believe it won't have a big relative weakness correction from here so I've taken some more before the close and playing with my maximum now.

Bit difficult to know how to play it - on the one hand I can't see dow opening up about +120 and putting on another 200 to 300 in quick order and it may well be that ftse goes even stronger if current ftse levels hold and dow futures aren't keen to point to a big opening. On the other hand, a combination of reining in ftse over exuberance and some dow catch up should turn the trick. Tomorrow will be very interesting.

In poker terms, I'm all in - :help:

Hi Jon

Watching the ASX, if it get's to 4,870 area today, should see the DOW in the 15,320 area.

FTSE should still go up, but not in the same pace as the last 12 hour's.

7 point div on the DOW today should support, plus coming into reporting season.

Jobs number will play a big part in the outcome.

I also lost on some small overnight shorts for the FTSE and DAX.

Just to keep talbs and postie company.

Also had some buy order's but did not get picked up.

Will it stop me from putting in overnight order's - NO

Wow what a day yesterday was. I had my backside handed to me. Still holding ftse shorts from 6425 thinking we had topped out. If we gap up on the open all my stops will be hit.
Shorted the ftse at 6350 initially.

Wow what a day yesterday was. I had my backside handed to me. Still holding ftse shorts from 6425 thinking we had topped out. If we gap up on the open all my stops will be hit.
Shorted the ftse at 6350 initially.

hi

many shorted FTSE, ftse at yesterday highs implied that Dow would be +484pts

FTSE price not confirmed by sp500sept

The SP500 hardly moved yesterday and the FTSE skyrocketed after I shorted at 6350 and I cut my losses and re-entered at a higher price. The GBP/USD nose dived and helped the FTSE but not that much!!!

The SP500 hardly moved yesterday and the FTSE skyrocketed after I shorted at 6350 and I cut my losses and re-entered at a higher price. The GBP/USD nose dived and helped the FTSE but not that much!!!

i had sell stops at 6240/39/38/37 half got filled, had to go go long dax to protect myself

6408 is a monthly buy signal for july.

Morning Guys,

Ims till long dax looking for 8045 to go before NFP , lets see what happens !

hope Barjon kept his hedge trade open, it would be moving back to some normality

yeah, got back into the shallows overall in first five minutes, but being swept out to sea again atm . ftse hasn't lost much of its exuberance and we'll see what the yanks think of it all when they rub the sleep from their eyes.

Glad I closed my FTSE shorts as the markets being bought back up again. This will teach me to wait for the the ECB and BOE rate meetings to end before trading.

yeah, got back into the shallows overall in first five minutes, but being swept out to sea again atm . ftse hasn't lost much of its exuberance and we'll see what the yanks think of it all when they rub the sleep from their eyes.

yep think many got caught out, dont expect 200pt range when US is closed

the wildcard carney/draghi

GBPUSD below 1.50 3 month low

Another 100 pips off the pound, the dollars maintaining its strength.

FTSE still pushing up. I think I'll wait till the non-farm figures are released before
trading, see if I can claw back some of my loss's from yesterday.