Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi All

I was pretty busy last period and didn't have time to post or scalp.
However this proved to be one of my best periods.
I opened a position a week ago in Nikei @ 13020 and closed half of it yesterday evening at 14130. Still holding the other half. Wanted to hedge by shorting the Dow, but lost the big move down.

Currently opened a short position in Oil. I think that the situation in Egypt will very soon calm down and with Iran jumping on the bandwagon of global production, this baby will go much much lower.

Best

Hi All

I opened a position a week ago in Nikei @ 13020 and closed half of it yesterday evening at 14130. Still holding the other half. Wanted to hedge by shorting the Dow, but lost the big move down.

Currently opened a short position in Oil. I think that the situation in Egypt will very soon calm down and with Iran jumping on the bandwagon of global production, this baby will go much much lower.

Best

Hi,

if you are holding thru such huge period, which is your usual stop loss level in ticks?
Regards.

Hi,

if you are holding thru such huge period, which is your usual stop loss level in ticks?
Regards.

For this particular trade I didn't use stops. I was intending to hedge with a Dow short or close it if it went wrong, but from the beginning it moved on my direction. Then I doubled and then it moved 200 points away and didn't bother to put any SL.
After that it was advancing every day, and I let it ride.
Yesterday late in the evening, after spending some time in the 14280 area , started to move down with the rest of the indices. Then I closed half of it.

For the future I strongly believe that the Nikei will cross the Dow and leave it far behind.

Last edited:
Morning All

ASX
MON -1.9%
Tue +2.6%
Wed -1.8%
Thur +1.0%

Market confused or what

All the price action today was done in the futures 10 mins before the open.

The rest of the day was:sleep: :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Possible upside in FTSE and DAX with the leads from Hong Kong and miners.

Attachments

• Australia 200 Cash (-).png
    Australia 200 Cash (-).png
    15.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
morning bustech

morning everyone

wonder how low todays ftse range will be

FTSE high 6275 will we have enough volume to get it to 6315

Dax having parabolic rise on hourly chart

Last edited:
anti EU speech

The working day of the average Englishman - Godfrey Bloom MEP - YouTube[/url]

Yes but we have so many good things to show for the high levels of tax we pay.
Good quality roads.
Low class sizes in our schools.
A non corrupt government and police force.
Ah - its ok - I see the flaw in my argument... :p

Who thinks the FTSE and Dax can make that last little push and close the gap from yesterday????

Personally - not today.

Morning Guys, nice little push this morning in DAX has left a gap on the future from 52 now trading 00 so expect to re visit that at some point today

Hi Talbs.
I think everyone is taking the day off. I'm going to stay for another 30 - 40 minutes then go and do something productive. :D

Morning

Think so, im at my desk all day ! We have ECB today should prove interesting

mornin' guys

dow being quoted up 70 odd from its close. ftse trading strong against that.won't pair today but might take something at ftse close depending on where the proxy dow has got to by then.

Expecting more downside from Dax with this declining trendline, has small upside left in it before another leg lower imo .

dax.PNG

Ah typical FTSE girl - makes you wait around for ages then does the opposite of what you think. :whistling