Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

ftse has been really strong this am - by noon it was +50 vs dow - must be ensuring a decent quarter end.

the way to play it, dl, when you reckon the strength is running out of steam is to close the dow short first - assuming you see ftse up likely to continue - and then take a bonus if ftse keeps on going, or run quickly if it doesn't.

I see 6487 as a major resistance to overcome. The high of the 15 March on my 4hr chart.
George

ftse has been really strong this am - by noon it was +50 vs dow - must be ensuring a decent quarter end.

the way to play it, dl, when you reckon the strength is running out of steam is to close the dow short first - assuming you see ftse up likely to continue - and then take a bonus if ftse keeps on going, or run quickly if it doesn't.

thanks bj ....great stuff:)

Wallstreet's turn to paint the quarter end. ftse gone -20 weak over last couple of hours. Timing spot on, DL :LOL:

..............ftse has been really strong this am - by noon it was +50 vs dow ..............

- and from there it traded -39 weak into the close. Should've had that if I'd had my wits about me.

Enjoy the break guys :)

- and from there it traded -39 weak into the close. Should've had that if I'd had my wits about me.

Enjoy the break guys :)

Actually the downturn caught me in the trade.

I am short Dow and took a long with the FTSE as a hedge. Fortunately I had a stop in the long side and got stopped out.

This was a week full of events till now.

Have a nice break and a good rest all of you.

ASX was out to 50 variance to FTSE.
Now at 26.
Should close the gap on Tuesday in the ASX cash session.

Attachments

• Month & Week.JPG
    Month & Week.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 138
Started to collect the weekly and monthly point movement in the markets attached.

Lee Shepherd gave me the idea on something he posted.

The data is still very raw at this early stage, but should gain more strength the longer the data is collected.

Want to start to hold some trade's over longer periods and hopefully this will give some idea of the points movement over a monthly or weekly period.
My current trade's are 24 hours or less.

PS Will post 2013 numbers over the weekend.

Attachments

• Points.JPG
    Points.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Started to collect the weekly and monthly point movement in the markets attached.

Lee Shepherd gave me the idea on something he posted.

The data is still very raw at this early stage, but should gain more strength the longer the data is collected.

Want to start to hold some trade's over longer periods and hopefully this will give some idea of the points movement over a monthly or weekly period.
My current trade's are 24 hours or less.

PS Will post 2013 numbers over the weekend.

good stuff there, bussy :)

Guys why not get a chart for this thing ? I recall with prorealtime you can get a customized chart for any spread you want .

Guys why not get a chart for this thing ? I recall with prorealtime you can get a customized chart for any spread you want .

aye, but personally i find numbers more powerful.

gonna freeze to death with some golf now

aye, but personally i find numbers more powerful.

gonna freeze to death with some golf now

Golf :)

The chart would be for the differential between the 2 , it will give you an idea where it was and how it's playing .

think the bears will have more success in april …. we could see a higher high but the odds have dropped slightly I think ...longer term still think we could see a lengthy sideways move with dow 14000 looking like a good candidate for channel bottom if it comes about..the immediate worry for the bulls is the dax which seems to be testing it's abseiling gear at the moment.....dow 14700 target is still on of course with the US/Fed having the luxury of that anti gravity switch....:)

have a nice easter

Last edited:

I started using charts to compare.

But when I stared using excel it won hands down for me.
Numbers are a lot more precise.
Only takes 5 to 10 mins each day and 30 to 40 mins at month end to update the spreadsheet.

Problem I found with charts was when you changed the time frame.
The result were different and started to confuse.

Last edited: