Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Closed all my longs on stocks shorting the Dow here at 13577 and going home for the day ! Have a good one guys !

My current 'system' got me in from 13,491 this morning and told me to leave at 13,619. It then went down to 13,594 as I write (10:30 pm GMT). If it doesn't go above 13,599 or just above, it's likely to go down quite a lot more, so far as I can see. However, I'm a reactive rather than proactive guy, as I really can't see the point of trying to second guess all the time.

Last edited:
Morning guys ! Today ill be selling rallies in the dax ! Play the range 7790-7640 ! Happy Friday ! Where's all the snow !?

Is'nt it options expiration today at around 10am. Am I right in thinking that more call options were bought than puts, as we have had such a big move up in the ftse over the last month. Should this push the ftse down after 10am.

i had 6160 for res ...might have seen the top but if not i don't think much above 6160 today...crazy bulls tho:)

Just out of interest. Why trade the Footsie when the Dow Jones has a much bigger trading range on average and the spreads are only marginally more than Footsie?

Is'nt it options expiration today at around 10am. Am I right in thinking that more call options were bought than puts, as we have had such a big move up in the ftse over the last month. Should this push the ftse down after 10am.

this is FTSE Jan options

Attachments

• optionsdisplay.png
    optionsdisplay.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 113
Don't you just love options expiry. This was nicely forced higher into 10:15am. On most occasions it should drift back now. There was one exception recently, but I favour a drift back to 6100 futures.