Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

nice to see FTSE treading water so the DOW can get in position I was a little disapointed the FTSE didnt have an early 6122 as this would trigger the three day target to be set in stone as the DOW's target has been

quote "

So Bernanke’s program will ultimately not be successful, in terms of ushering in a period of sustainable growth ?"

Zulauf: Sustainable growth requires several things: a good savings rate, strong level of investments, an educated workforce, and strong consumer balance sheets and rising real incomes. Greenspan started a process of inflating the balance sheet of consumers so they feel richer and spend more, which has weakened the whole system. Bernanke is following the same policies, and other central bankers are doing the same.

http://www.fusionmarketsite.com/?p=2212

hi Zorbas I trade futures but calc cash market and post cash prices to save confusion

dc - do you pay attention to any futures prices outside the hours of 8am to 9pm GMT? And for your Taylor technique do you just use the FTSE cash open, hi, low and close numbers?

I am just focusing on swings with the FTSE futures and ES. I just keep looking for fib extensions and retracements. What I find difficult is deciding when a swing has completed. I usually look for a swing low from the pm session do decide the swing high for the am session the next day. It gets harder to decide when it completes swing highs and lows in just the morning or afternoon session.

Lots of volume on the FTSE futures in the last hour. Usually volume is dead over lunchtime, today there has been some big action. Highest volume hour of the day. FTSE currently at 127% at 6044.2. The ES has already put in its 161.8% extension. Maybe a bit of a pullback before more selling.

Lots of volume on the FTSE futures in the last hour. Usually volume is dead over lunchtime, today there has been some big action. Highest volume hour of the day. FTSE currently at 127% at 6044.2. The ES has already put in its 161.8% extension. Maybe a bit of a pullback before more selling.

afternoon MartinC-J

I had 1463.4 as es sell trigger it got hit early hours of the morning.

absolutely loving the FTSE play today the 86 telegraphed the DOW needs to break 442 soon to show intended move otherwise a late move on FTSE to 116 122 is on

dollar index looks over cooked
daily data
the latest column down is a big move.these can recoil/a low pole
50% retrace is 79.90
possibly expect stock index to move down
fuqqhg.gif

dc - do you pay attention to any futures prices outside the hours of 8am to 9pm GMT? And for your Taylor technique do you just use the FTSE cash open, hi, low and close numbers?

I am just focusing on swings with the FTSE futures and ES. I just keep looking for fib extensions and retracements. What I find difficult is deciding when a swing has completed. I usually look for a swing low from the pm session do decide the swing high for the am session the next day. It gets harder to decide when it completes swing highs and lows in just the morning or afternoon session.

Hi Martin
I use the 8am to 9pm for my bars and use the OHLC for that time frame on each market outside those hours I only make note if it has gone 10 points FTSE or 20 points DOW beyond the high or low it would not change my calc but I would be mindful of a retrace to the overnight price once a target is in play

the swing lo to high you mention is ok unless it is completed before the open the next morning

for instace those that were short the FTSE today and captured the move are now waiting to re enter the entry will be below yesterdays high and the target should calc out to below or near todays low

afternoon MartinC-J

I had 1463.4 as es sell trigger it got hit early hours of the morning.

afternoon SD. I find it hard to decide what importance to give to out of hours levels. 7 am to 8 am FTSE levels are ok, but 2 am or 3 am, I just don't know.

Bit of a wild afternoon today. Looks like we got the 127% fib extension on the FTSE, and the ES held the 161.8%, and put in a nice ABCD. Just looking to see where it pulls back to before it is worth another short.

absolutely loving the FTSE play today the 86 telegraphed the DOW needs to break 442 soon to show intended move otherwise a late move on FTSE to 116 122 is on

Know what u mean Dax has been hosed over lunch, selling some more Dow here 13485 on cash needs to catch up , squared up my dax short for now

here we go martin

at the mo we have 112/110 which calcs out at 6052 and we would need to see a close @6189 to 6192 with no price today above 6122

Hi Martin
I use the 8am to 9pm for my bars and use the OHLC for that time frame on each market outside those hours I only make note if it has gone 10 points FTSE or 20 points DOW beyond the high or low it would not change my calc but I would be mindful of a retrace to the overnight price once a target is in play

the swing lo to high you mention is ok unless it is completed before the open the next morning

for instace those that were short the FTSE today and captured the move are now waiting to re enter the entry will be below yesterdays high and the target should calc out to below or near todays low

Many thanks dc. The 6072 level on the FTSE futures is quite a strong one, so I am waiting to see if it gets above here, which at the moment looks unlikely, but we may get a push at 4:30pm. I think the ES may already be done as well. Lets see how strong a second attempt it makes on 1462.50, which is just below 61.8% retracement at 1462.99.

These last two hourly candles for the FTSE are unusually strong in both directions. I have a feeling there is some news behind this and possibly a bit of a fight between the big boys.

Know what u mean Dax has been hosed over lunch, selling some more Dow here 13485 on cash needs to catch up , squared up my dax short for now

great stuff the DOW needs to hit the 442 for me ideally before the FTSE close

Where is All This Money Going? by Tony Sagami

A fresh study from Bank of America/Merrill Lynch shows that retail investors are responsible for some big market moves here in 2013. Inflows into stock funds last week were the second-largest EVER.

A total of $22.2 billion was plowed into equity funds in the second week of January. In the entire history of the stock market, the only week with bigger inflows was in March 2000!

In Post-Fiscal-Cliff America, Investors Going Abroad! | Uncommon Wisdom Daily