Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

morning kul

17 mins we get UK manufacturing PMI

FTSE to stick in 17pt range until US gives it impetus

Short FTSE at 5883 at min stake stop 30 away. Hoping just over 5900 will provided resistance. Lost last week oh short from about 5850.

Ian

10:00am anyone?

Morning barjon

Looks a very flat Monday for the FTSE and DAX.
On the sidelines now, will look for positions into the close of New York for Asia trade on Tuesday.
If the DOW follows HK there is a possible move down to 12850/90

Dollar index falling and today is first trading day of month. Could possibly help
fuel a move higher in Equity indices when the US market opens.

Dollar index falling and today is first trading day of month. Could possibly help
fuel a move higher in Equity indices when the US market opens.

yep 1st trading day should be strong

SP500 is 100% bullish according to my analysis

1417.74 sp500 dec is bull trigger today

watch the 50% 2 mth fib 80.12 we are below that,

yeah, it going slow but steady, lol - gonna close or dow hedge soon

SP500 dec hit bull trigger and, SP500 dec is at 61.8% retracement of last 3 mths

1419.2 if can overcome then blue skies and we target year cash highs 1474 (6137 ftse)

Extremely noobish question here but I figured it would be better to post here than create a thread.

What exactly is the difference between scalping the ftse futures & just spread betting which way the ftse will go?

Thanks

Extremely noobish question here but I figured it would be better to post here than create a thread.

What exactly is the difference between scalping the ftse futures & just spread betting which way the ftse will go?

Thanks

hi adotsri the title of the thread is a suggestion of what can be discussed (hope thread starter MartinC-J wont mind me saying that), you can post about any main indexes. Dow,Dax,SP500, Cac or any major fx crosses, or anything that can help people make points/pips

there is no real difference between scalping futures and spread betting with SB firms, but scalping with SB firms is difficult since u have the spread and bad fills and SB created FTSE prices do not sometimes oscillate the same as actual futures.

adotsri, I started the thread to find out who else was scalping futures, but it has evolved into a general trading thread, thanks to all the great contributors. There's not much difference in principal between futures and spreadbetting. It depends more on your time frame. Really short time frames of seconds to a few minutes, I think are better done with a futures platform. But if you are holding for longer, there is nothing wrong with spreadbetting, except for the odd dodgy fill or clumsy platforms. Good luck.

I had hoped today would be a reversal day, but it is looking more like a continued grind up to highs. If the FTSE futures can get below 5876, then we could see another 40 to 50 pt drop. Above 5906 and its up to 6000 for year end.

Hi SD. I'm a little surprised by the reaction to the news that Spain is requesting a bailout. You would think that is bad news, but what a spike up. Now the market is pausing for breath. The ES and DAX are resuming the move up, but the FTSE is trying to swim the other way. Too much manipulation going on with the FTSE these last three days.