Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

what u think of open ecry, how good is the platform/charting , can u create custom indicators

I think that the platform is pretty good. You can use indicators, but there is a limitation as to your ability to edit. I haven't gotten into the custom indicators, but you can create your own.

The charting is so/so and for me, where it falls down. There is a limit in historical data and sometimes the chart isn't scalable to read.

However, the commissions are good. Not sure about me staying there long term though....

I was thinking of changing to Ninja, but am slightly concerned about using a UK broker as I would imagine that their commissions are higher than that of a US.

Is this true? Any recommendations?

I was thinking of changing to Ninja, but am slightly concerned about using a UK broker as I would imagine that their commissions are higher than that of a US.

Is this true? Any recommendations?

If based in the UK IB or berkeley futures. I Use Ninja

https://join.me/ This sites allows screen sharing, if you want to see my set up, I put up my screen on live,

What sort of commission do you pay per round trip? I don't see any figures on their site.

What is your screen name and I will click over?

IB are cheaper then Berkeley, Berkeley about $5.00 R/T for YM and £5.00 R/T for FTSE, good customer service, All depends on what you need

I found IB a very difficult account to close. I let it lapse so that they closed my access, password, etc. I've wondered about Berkley because little is heard of them but IB have a security system that I thought a damned nuisance. The "help" was in Germany and he kept giving me new advice to try out which, when it failed, I had to recall him.

Another thing that I found a nuisance was that I had to, somehow, make my trading platform flat. This depends on the currency that you are in.

Perhaps, it is because of my computer skills, I don't know, but I do not think that I am that bad! I get around my other stockbroker OK.

4th september 2012
downswing 100pts

Thanks. That is a bad day!

What I meant was, bad day for choppy chart that gets stuck in a range.

Just spent 2 hours in an 8 point range. Apart from 8am breakout, it's not exceeded 25 points either way in total yet.

All the action occurred in Asian trading.

Thanks. That is a bad day!

What I meant was, bad day for choppy chart that gets stuck in a range.

Just spent 2 hours in an 8 point range. Apart from 8am breakout, it's not exceeded 25 points either way in total yet.

All the action occurred in Asian trading.

after the 100pt down swing the ftse rallied 270pts

I think we could be looking at a rally today, somewhere below 5831. My number was 5820, but I'd be looking at a timing chart to fine tune.

Hopefully the rally hasn't started just yet. I really want us to hit 61% of the retrace from the last range (4hr chart) before we do.

I think we could be looking at a rally today, somewhere below 5831. My number was 5820, but I'd be looking at a timing chart to fine tune.

FTSE to rally you have to get these two donkeys back up the hill

RIO/BLT dow 2.7%/2.9%

EURUSD down 0.9%

strong dollar, risk off