Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I put my hand on my heart and, solemnly, swear that I went long this morning, entering at 5765.3 time 0823.

It was a difficult choice but I decided on an up move, at least for some points. Now we have, with luck. the start of the first pullback that I will not allow to run into a loss, just like Feb said.

I've not settled on a within trend trading timing strategy. Right now I'm trying this:

1. Enter on 15 EMA or gap just below, or a return to a gap if 15 EMA breaks and it is reasonably close to the most recent resistance >>> support area.

2. 6 point stop.

3. Pull the trade if it moves in my favour but fails to reach new high/low and returns within 1 points of a loss.

4. Never take profit earlier than 5 points.

I "entered" 10:04 at break of 15 EMA then exited 10:14. +1 profit because it failed.

I then "entered" 10:29 at a line drawn from the gap at 9:41 with expectation to hold until 5774, where there is a bearish gap in line with S >>> R area and possibility of a pullback. I could then "get in" again. I will pull this one if it gets within +1 profit.

Edit: Second trade closed for + 8.

Now +9 total. May get in again.

Last edited:
ET., May I ask that what do you mean by 6 point, do you mean 6 pips?
Is it a stop loss base on %?

Yes.

No, I just picked a number, a small one. Since in theory I'm going with the trend I should not be expecting a large reverse, therefore the stop loss should be short.

This timing lark is where I slip up though.

I "got in" just now at 5771, touch on 15 EMA. Then it screwed me by gapping down, then not closing the gap. I then felt like I should close the "trade". I haven't done though because that's my feeling, not the rules of my strategy.

Edit: closed for -6. Total +3 now. I predicted the pullback, just assumed it wasn't going to pullback that much.

I then "entered" 10:29 at a line drawn from the gap at 9:41 with expectation to hold until 5774, where there is a bearish gap in line with S >>> R area and possibility of a pullback. I could then "get in" again.

Attachments

• 5779.PNG
    5779.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 126