Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

We used to follow the FTSE, but that stopped a few years back.
Now follow China. Hong Kong and Japan can also move us around on a daily basis.
Big problem is high Aussie dollar stopping the overseas money coming into the market.

Aussie bonds safe bet, not a great return.

are there many companies that are common to ftse 100 and the all ordinaries, i am guessing rio bhp billition. is that about it

Sticking to my plan this week with a couple of little tweaks. Going to treat 8 over the 21 as a heads up and go on 21 over the 34 providing that the moving averages are in order.

are there many companies that are common to ftse 100 and the all ordinaries, i am guessing rio bhp billition. is that about it

BHP and RIO are the only ones I Know of.
Been told there is some FTSE listed mine companies with operations in Australia.

the Australian government 3 year bond is a great buy imho, i have it on good authroity, you may belive the returns are not great but say u own a 10yr aus bond at 7% yield if the yield moves to 5% you have a huge capital increase on top of gteed 7% /annum return

this morning when the ftse opened a watched like a deer caught in headlights forgetting i am trying scalping, should have had the chart switched to 3mins, anyone caught the short from 5550 ?

this morning when the ftse opened a watched like a deer caught in headlights forgetting i am trying scalping, should have had the chart switched to 3mins, anyone caught the short from 5550 ?

Took a bit it of that, but not the lions share.

Hard to just get on and ride it.

mornin' all

ftse opened +34 strong vs dow, dammit, but has given up 20 of that now. "good sense" in closing off on Friday indeed :(

knowing how RIO/BLT have moved in Australian trading can give clue to FTSE direction

Will try and post each day.
I use BLT, RIO FTSE prices and BHP USA ADR price for my next day ASX200 opening price trade.
Basicaly if BHP ADR if up 1.5% and the ASX200 furtues are up 1% look to go long.
Pices will normaly match up in the open, Look for a 2 to 1 risk reward.
BHP, RIO and the 4 major banks are 60% of the ASX 200.

I saw the 5550 high on the daily chart but being ultra calm this week and waiting for my set ups.

:clap::clap:Guess who!!

Shorted at 5527 on a super duper (aren't they all?) new system devised over the weekend. Took profits at 5482.8 using 30 Min chart all the time .

Big question. How long will this system work until it disappoints? Time will tell.

Shorted at 5527 on a super duper (aren't they all?) new system devised over the weekend. Took profits at 5482.8 using 30 Min chart all the time .

Big question. How long will this system work until it disappoints? Time will tell.

lol That's how I spend my weekends too!

thats great Splitlink

:):):)

FTSE is weird today,

BP down RDSA up

RIO down BLT up

very weak US30yr should provide support for bulls

is Greece a small distraction from real issue of Spain Italy ?

once Greece out of way Italy Spain now under the media spotlight, not bullish for markets imho

World First ‏@World_First
RT @lindayueh: UK 2 year note yield falls to record low of 0.182%

does this mean mortgage rates will fall, or are they more related to the swap market?

average London house price £477,000 a new all time record. the world is crazy