Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

got our test of 5880 cash yesterday..still see that as a key but we are over last weeks high of 912 at the mo .... worth watching the s&p it's at 2011 highs:)

watching the gap on the cash chart, its likely to re test 5900 in an attempt to close the gap

although gaps havent been reliably closing within the first hour of late, but 5900 has come into play sooooo often of late....

Sorry all for not posting for a while, but I am trying to learn a few new tricks. Like how to trade with some discipline! I have signed up for the ftseday.co.uk trading room. £60 per month, but worth it. Not selling any proprietary software. No $2999 course for $99. Just some good honest advice and some setups that are working. So far I am enjoying it very much.

i definately need some disapline...and even more so belief i usually come out way to early

might take a look over there martin thanks ...good luck

Sorry all for not posting for a while, but I am trying to learn a few new tricks. Like how to trade with some discipline! I have signed up for the ftseday.co.uk trading room. £60 per month, but worth it. Not selling any proprietary software. No $2999 course for $99. Just some good honest advice and some setups that are working. So far I am enjoying it very much.
Hi,
Have you ever come across turtle trading system?

I think the author is Covel. proven system to trade. many books written about it

Where's jimmioddy? How did you get on, today, mate?

I did ok thanks Splitlink.
Does my system work or is it just random luck? I don't know. I wouldn't bet on it.
I changed from 1 minute time intervals to 5 minutes a while back, now I'm on 15 minutes and having more success.
Why should it make any difference, I'm not trading, my dumb system is applying the same old rules.
(I could thoroughly recommend the book "The Way of the Turtle" by Curtis Faith).

The chart attached is a simulation of what happened yesterday and has an anomaly I'm investigating today, so probably no trading for me.
I actually bought at 8:45am and sold at 5:45 and 6:27pm. Lucky.
I don't have any trading secrets to share, except this one: "If you've written a program to trade for you automatically, using simple rules - Don't touch the b. keyboard". That was the whole reason why I learnt to program - you no longer have a self-discipline problem. I'm now investigating whether my simple rules work better on specific days of the week.

Jimi

Attachments

• UK100 13-03-2012.JPG
    UK100 13-03-2012.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 131
didn't close over 6000 :( but never mind it's still to come:)
finding it difficult to read after the charge of the light brigade yesterday... looks like we got support around july11's high 67 cash at the mo

I did ok thanks Splitlink.
Does my system work or is it just random luck? I don't know. I wouldn't bet on it.
I changed from 1 minute time intervals to 5 minutes a while back, now I'm on 15 minutes and having more success.
Why should it make any difference, I'm not trading, my dumb system is applying the same old rules.
(I could thoroughly recommend the book "The Way of the Turtle" by Curtis Faith).

The chart attached is a simulation of what happened yesterday and has an anomaly I'm investigating today, so probably no trading for me.
I actually bought at 8:45am and sold at 5:45 and 6:27pm. Lucky.
I don't have any trading secrets to share, except this one: "If you've written a program to trade for you automatically, using simple rules - Don't touch the b. keyboard". That was the whole reason why I learnt to program - you no longer have a self-discipline problem. I'm now investigating whether my simple rules work better on specific days of the week.

Jimi

does your system work in a ranging/sideways market jimi? i was just wondering if maybe it's a trend follower?

I haven't ever looked into it much. I thought it was based on an experiment of sort where they took some inexperienced traders and taught them a specific way to trade and were successful. I guess you can say there are many systems. You have to settle on what works for you. They all seem to settle on some form of money management, hold your winners and cut short your losers. It's all so simple really!