Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

euro is tanking -- not expected I have to say. but need to wait to see if it is a fake.

Well on the ES we got a pretty clear rejection of 1133.50, which was thursday's low of the session.
If that can get taken out this evening then there is a good chance we will see some strong upside tomorrow. The price action this afternoon has been very rangey since the manufacturing PMI number. It would have been a tough session for some people if they were trying to force their opinion on their trades.

Well on the ES we got a pretty clear rejection of 1133.50, which was thursday's low of the session.
If that can get taken out this evening then there is a good chance we will see some strong upside tomorrow. The price action this afternoon has been very rangey since the manufacturing PMI number. It would have been a tough session for some people if they were trying to force their opinion on their trades.

Martin, I agree... I got out shortly after ISM and watched... I have found the US sessions very difficult lately.. I was tempted a few times to get back in long.. glad I didnt. will 1100/11 hold on S&P? lets see....

has anyone any idea what casued this move down in the US markets?? I haven't got any news flow that explains this... other than perhaps Dexia ?? thoughts all? I am flat , so no positions , but would dearly love to know what this is?

1100 holding up for so far...but who knows what lies in the last hour of trade...

what happened to the board? total silence?

where are our stalwarts? since last week there was quite bullish sentiment on the thread which has been muted by last two days completely....

where next?

I did notice that the US wanted to go down going into 4:30pm when the FTSE wanted to go up, which is unusual as it's normally the other way round. They could try and force it down to the August 9th low, but I would be surprised if this was capitulation time. Yup the greeks are going to default, but that doesn't mean the worlds stock markets should drop 10%.

well it might be that the US is over reacting to greece and/or using this opportunity to drive the markets down for a bit of buying. but no bull for me unless we go back over 89/150. 4960 area looking likely again so maybe a double bottom here.

is it nfp time again on friday?

I still have a small position open long....very small

It was hard to understand what justified this move in the USA. Other than a spoof..
However, it is time for a re think and careful entries tomorrow.. But I will not be surprised if we see the rally we talked about..and will be ready to pounce whe I see the first sign of it.

Sometimes, markets defy all logic and analysis and you either go with the flow or sit back and wait for another day when your set ups look better.

I am sure DCs perspective will be more helpful than mine.

I just started out but had a lot of fun in the last hour.....wall street was just moving between 2 points up and down for so long i started to short at the top and than long at the bottom kept on it for 45 minutes..lol...made some money in just that up and down though the difference wasnt that big.....hope thats not illegal

For me the charts are still indicating more downside but price is sitting on wk bar fib at 5043 so we might get a quick reversal, maybe a touch dow to 5000. If it does then close/hold above 89 then 150 is key for me.

Everyone playing bash a bank right now but a wee bit of good news out of Europe could send the lift back up to the second floor. Ground floor level for me at the mo is 4967.

good game :cheesy:

closed at ground floor, hope we don't have a basement

I still have a small position open long....very small

It was hard to understand what justified this move in the USA. Other than a spoof..
However, it is time for a re think and careful entries tomorrow.. But I will not be surprised if we see the rally we talked about..and will be ready to pounce whe I see the first sign of it.

Sometimes, markets defy all logic and analysis and you either go with the flow or sit back and wait for another day when your set ups look better.

I am sure DCs perspective will be more helpful than mine.

Where is he by the way....didn't notice any posts today I think...

Before the scalpers get buried under the swing to swinging, scalpers should still stick to taking their normal short targets and enter again if the setup dictates. All this expecting the FTSE to head off to new highs does not change the picture for a short term trader. If you are up 15 to 20 pts and the price is approaching an area of resistance, you are sometimes still better off closing at resistance, and entering again if resistance is broken. All of this holding out for a bigger target is fine, but if it doesn't happen then you have missed out on several opportunities.

totally agree whilst waiting for a move to start I can miss easy scalps todays DOW action was proof

all is not lost just being moulded and shapped in the back room, I havnt looked at a 5 min chart for about 4years

looking to get 5096 tomorrow

Where is he by the way....didn't notice any posts today I think...

Lurking:LOL:

nah just taking a feww relaxing days looking for volatility to expand through week today 100 points ish high to low tomorrow 130ish etc

Lurking:LOL:

nah just taking a feww relaxing days looking for volatility to expand through week today 100 points ish high to low tomorrow 130ish etc

good to hear from you....so what went wrong and where next now....