Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

no same thing I have always done just thought I would post it for once the calcs change so just valid until tuesday

this type of action and calc is normal for consolidation before more up and equally to get players on side for a quick move down if the move down then the calc would change to something like 0.9% and 2.8%

Well thanks for posting them. I will add these numbers to my target levels.

whenever you want the market to go down.. you can always rely on the Germans to say something completely contrary to what the market was hoping for

Hi DJ
the calc targets are for entry so after today if you want a short take .4% from previous days high if your looking for long 1.1% from previous days low this is valid until next tuesday

typo here should be 1.1% from close not low 0.4% from high is ok

whenever you want the market to go down.. you can always rely on the Germans to say something completely contrary to what the market was hoping for

you taking it at the 5438 and reloading 5489 or just holding till 5387 close for today around 5447 should be about right

ok.. so is that 0.4% above the high is short and 1.1% below the close is long?

0.4% below high these are negative calcs and target entries for early day

so you would look to short 5520s region this would put a middle day in pattern

or you would look to long 5387 ( depending on todays action) and day 1 pattern

So here I am sitting on planet thicko trying to understand.

I take it you have two choices. Go long or go short.

If you want to go short then, you need to enter your sell order at 0.4% below the high of the previous day (friday). Friday's FTSE cash high was 5500.29.
So 0.4% from that is 5500.29 x 0.996 = 5478 which is not what you are saying you would go short at. Now if I added 0.4% to 5500.29, that would give me 5500.29 x 1.004 = 5522.3 which is the only way I can get your 5520's region for a short.

If I wanted to go long, then I should look to enter at 1.1% below fridays close. Fridays close was 5466.35, so 1.1% from that is 5466.35 x 0.989 = 5406 which is not the 5387 you said you would be looking to go long at.

These are both three day patterns. If short, today would be the middle day of the 3 day pattern down. If long, today is day1 of a new 3 day pattern.

DC, my apologies but maybe I am using the wrong high/low/close data. I am definitely missing the point and don't understand why your target calcs seem so complicated. You've probably explained these many times over the years and it should be obvious. I understand you are applying your own version of Taylor and LBR. I will have to spend the time to study them further before I keep coming up with questions.

Yes,

[link deleted]

gives a 130 pages of info.

Hi,

This is a copyrighted book that is still available for sale, and is not terribly expensive. I would not advise posting internet links to download it. Please could ctlpst or mods, as appropriate, delete the link in ctlpast's post? Sorry, not wishing to be a pain in the neck, but I think this sort of link to an illegal download lowers the tone of this otherwise excellent thread.

thanks,
Mcclaine

If you want to go short then, you need to enter your sell order at 0.4% below the high of the previous day (friday). Friday's FTSE cash high was 5500.29.
So 0.4% from that is 5500.29 x 0.996 = 5478 which is not what you are saying you would go short at. Now if I added 0.4% to 5500.29, that would give me 5500.29 x 1.004 = 5522.3 which is the only way I can get your 5520's region for a short.

If I wanted to go long, then I should look to enter at 1.1% below fridays close. Fridays close was 5466.35, so 1.1% from that is 5466.35 x 0.989 = 5406 which is not the 5387 you said you would be looking to go long at.

These are both three day patterns. If short, today would be the middle day of the 3 day pattern down. If long, today is day1 of a new 3 day pattern.

DC, my apologies but maybe I am using the wrong high/low/close data. I am definitely missing the point and don't understand why your target calcs seem so complicated. You've probably explained these many times over the years and it should be obvious. I understand you are applying your own version of Taylor and LBR. I will have to spend the time to study them further before I keep coming up with questions.

Martin.. DCs figures are based on tomorrow... so high today on cash was 5544. so 0.4% below this is the 5520 level for shorting tomorrow . the long is based on an assumed close for today .. but we will have to wait for this.

Martin.. DCs figures are based on tomorrow... so high today on cash was 5544. so 0.4% below this is the 5520 level for shorting tomorrow . the long is based on an assumed close for today .. but we will have to wait for this.

forget that (haha) I eant the short today was 0.4% from the high today - which DC took.. I was also short this area.

looking for a bounce on DOW 11551 which should put FTSE about 438 area then reload

Sorry DJ, I did not understand this - how would you know the high for today until today's close? Is it a high achieved between certain points of time in the morning, such as 9 to 10am?

thanks for your help,
Mcclaine

hi Martin
the calc is from today so using todays high and close

Fridays was a positive calc so if I use this weeks calc figures as an example you would be short 1.1% above fridays close and long 0.4% above fridays low this is an entry target and one cancels the other