Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Attachments

• Santa Rally.jpg
    Santa Rally.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Santa Rally.png
    Santa Rally.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 154
That was a strange Friday to say the least...........

Just taken a view of what went on after I closed down for the weekend and a real Rollercoaster on the Dow...........
My opinion is that FTSE and Dax will Gap down on opening Sunday night.

mmm, well there's still plenty of money sloshing about in the funds etc and a net inflow of money, so they are duty bound to be buying whether they think it's a good idea or not. That should keep it ticking along 'til the money flow dries up and goes negative.

mmm, well there's still plenty of money sloshing about in the funds etc and a net inflow of money, so they are duty bound to be buying whether they think it's a good idea or not. That should keep it ticking along 'til the money flow dries up and goes negative.

watch the trimtabs videos, charles biderman analyzes liquidity and the float he has been spot on, he was so good they stopped allowing him on CNBC. inflows were companies buying there own stock, think the most recent info is outflow, for instance the director dealings i think is 11 to 1, sellers buyers.

watch the trimtabs videos, charles biderman analyzes liquidity and the float he has been spot on, he was so good they stopped allowing him on CNBC. inflows were companies buying there own stock, think the most recent info is outflow, for instance the director dealings i think is 11 to 1, sellers buyers.

Where do people put there money if they don't own stocks.
What do the banks in the UK pay for a 3 year term deposit.
Down to about 5% in AUS now, one bank was offering 9% for 5 year term about 3 years ago.

That was a strange Friday to say the least...........

Just taken a view of what went on after I closed down for the weekend and a real Rollercoaster on the Dow...........
My opinion is that FTSE and Dax will Gap down on opening Sunday night.

HSBC PMI is 47.9 should mean a flat opening at the CME.
Unless there is a Euro headline(not golf) in next 24 hours.
Weekend currency rates are flat now.
Goverment PMI also before UK open should give the lead for the open.
Shanghai composite and hang seng are closed.
ASX is open but there is no settlement on the day.

jungerns ony day you are going to shock us all by saying you going long.:LOL:

Without trying to teach Granny to suck Eggs I've added a link from an OP from this forum that I consider superb and came across only this weekend, and you'll notice I have commented near the end...............

There's a lot of new traders clearly following this thread and a huge amount of Guests and hopefully it gives them a further incentive to join the forum...........

I consider it a MUST read

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/121724-lessons-successful-traders.html

Where do people put there money if they don't own stocks.
What do the banks in the UK pay for a 3 year term deposit.
Down to about 5% in AUS now, one bank was offering 9% for 5 year term about 3 years ago.

its about 3.8% 3 year fixed.

notice that interest rates are falling remember i said to you to buy the aus government debt 3-4 year. u would have made a killing without risk. u read any of prof steve keenes material ?

Without trying to teach Granny to suck Eggs I've added a link from an OP from this forum that I consider superb and came across only this weekend, and you'll notice I have commented near the end...............

There's a lot of new traders clearly following this thread and a huge amount of Guests and hopefully it gives them a further incentive to join the forum...........

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/121724-lessons-successful-traders.html

thanks jungerns, thanks for the link,

Yes, I'd forgotten that one - well worth printing off and pinning to the wall.

It may be interesting that, from the relatively small number of pros I know, the majority fall in the "buy high, sell higher" camp and are thus looking for continuations rather than the reversals that the vast majority of amateurs seem to favour.

Great read mate.

Thanks for the link jungerns, that certainly is a very detailed and useful thread for all us new to trading the futures market, which I like to concentrate on, (and trading in general).
I've been shorting the FTSE the last 2 weeks now. Just need to keep my trades open for longer than one day, as I would certainly make more money.

Attachments

• FW property mkt.htm
    168.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
GBP/USD Opened flat and I would have laid money on Sterling being down.......

Looks as if I was maybe wrong to speculate Ftse and Dax would Gap lower......Await opening.