Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

hardly the rocket ship expected

lets see if the FTSE can rock tomorrow first target 5204 would like to gap to 166 rally pullback and late day rally

if we pullback first then its long into Friday for FTSE

DOW needs to positive gap with FTSE for me

well it'll start in the morning then we get a bit in the middle called the afternoon then we get the evening:)

Hi, I wont be trading this morning, but here are my thoughts and prices for ftse futures...

Odds favour a pullback today... possible highs today 5167 /5191.. If there is a pullback price would look to move to 5004 or previous days low of 4969. Drop below this market looks for 4940 or 4918. But this would be a serious amount of profit taking. Odds favour high first then pullback, but is quite evenly balanced we could get the high later in the day. Also, we are approaching downward channel line of resistance arounf 5200.. big boys know many people will be going short here and will look to exploit this to maximum effect if indeed they do intend a breakout to 5300.. ouch ... all those stops going off .. have agood day

well it'll start in the morning then we get a bit in the middle called the afternoon then we get the evening:)

WOW .. you are amazing... where did you read that trading gem?? we should start our own trading site and charge people for that

Worth looking at the amount of short interest in the market at the moment... gives us an idea of the potential short squeeze ahead of us.. but also note we have not had these levels of short interest for a long time.. so at sometime in the not so distant future we have a strong move down again. Notice the levels pre the financial crash -- someone knew something didn't they?

Attachments

• short interest.JPG
    short interest.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 217
Worth looking at the amount of short interest in the market at the moment... gives us an idea of the potential short squeeze ahead of us.. but also note we have not had these levels of short interest for a long time.. so at sometime in the not so distant future we have a strong move down again. Notice the levels pre the financial crash -- someone knew something didn't they?

Is this the short interest ratio for the FTSE 100?
Just goes to show how important keeping an eye on this is, the rise in May 2008 clearly shows people knew what was ahead. I wonder how many times levels as high as this have signaled a major drop.

is this the short interest ratio for the ftse 100?
Just goes to show how important keeping an eye on this is, the rise in may 2008 clearly shows people knew what was ahead. I wonder how many times levels as high as this have signaled a major drop.

nyse

It's a nice chart for short interest. Is there a link for this somewhere?

You are not trading but you are obviously not taking the day off!

Did anyone else get caught by the fake down from the triangle consolidation? Usually, but not always, an uptrend that ends in a triangle consolidation break out to the upside. This one had a fake break down at 9:07am, which ran into a strong spike back up at 9:10am. It doesn't take long to recognise that this spike up is not normal. It had to be news based, although I can't exactly confirm the news. Most likely EU's Barroso saying that memeber states should recapitalise banks.

Attachments

• 6 Oct 2011 Triangle fake break.jpg
    6 Oct 2011 Triangle fake break.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 146
It's a nice chart for short interest. Is there a link for this somewhere?

You are not trading but you are obviously not taking the day off!

Did anyone else get caught by the fake down from the triangle consolidation? Usually, but not always, an uptrend that ends in a triangle consolidation break out to the upside. This one had a fake break down at 9:07am, which ran into a strong spike back up at 9:10am. It doesn't take long to recognise that this spike up is not normal. It had to be news based, although I can't exactly confirm the news. Most likely EU's Barroso saying that memeber states should recapitalise banks.

go to Bloomberg.com and ask for quote on ticker NYSIPRTS:IND