Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Maybe going to fill the gap at 4/9/12 @ 5760. Then hat usually happens is big time smackdown (hopefully just a large pullback).

Maybe going to fill the gap at 4/9/12 @ 5760. Then hat usually happens is big time smackdown (hopefully just a large pullback).

I'm not expecting this move to the upside to be sustained for any long period.

High probability that Dow will tank very soon, maybe not today but certainly on the cards.

Think NFP tomorrow will be interesting

This Long/Short is working out nicely

How'd you get on Barjon?

Gap filled. 5780 reached... and still going. sometimes the reaction to the gap is delayed. This one is on 1 hour chart. 20 points over is a bit of a stretch so perhaps this one won't have much affect at all.

I call top... (well, large pullback if/before it goes up again)

Edit: No wait... I don't :D Well done Dick Lexic... where's it going to end? 5789?

Last edited:
I already switched off. Back on again just to check. Surely tomorrow a 61% retrace to 5711-5681 region.

Explain to me et why you believe this might happen.....??

Bear in mind my method of trading direction is completely chartless other than knowing highs and lows..........

Why would we get a 61% retrace tomorrow assuming that Non farm figures are neutral ?? Or are you betting on a poor figure...........??

I already switched off. Back on again just to check. Surely tomorrow a 61% retrace to 5711-5681 region.

might get that final push yet ...that would change your retrace levels....s&p might retrace back to march highs?

Explain to me et why you believe this might happen.....??

Bear in mind my method of trading direction is completely chartless other than knowing highs and lows..........

Why would we get a 61% retrace tomorrow assuming that Non farm figures are neutral ?? Or are you betting on a poor figure...........??

It might happen

1. If it is Wave 1 of an Elliot wave. Wave 2 often pulls back some way to an obvious S/R level.

2. If it were to do this then reverse it would create an IHS on 2hr timeframe.

3. Price doesn't usually go vertical very long, as it is doing on 2hr timeframe which makes one expect a pullback. However, pullback could be less than 61% if this Wave 1 is not yet over.

I would be very happy for it to continue straight up but I think it either has now found resistance level for the moment, or will do shortly at a price not much higher than the current high.

It might happen

1. If it is Wave 1 of an Elliot wave. Wave 2 often pulls back some way to an obvious S/R level.

2. If it were to do this then reverse it would create an IHS on 2hr timeframe.

3. Price doesn't usually go vertical very long, as it is doing on 2hr timeframe which makes one expect a pullback. However, pullback could be less than 61% if this Wave 1 is not yet over.

I would be very happy for it to continue straight up but I think it either has now found resistance level for the moment, or will do shortly at a price not much higher than the current high.

i could never really get to grips with ew...sometimes it works out fine other time not so good and then what time frame to use? prob best to start long term and work in.