Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

SD, would you say RIO and Ftse are correlated? Could you spread trade these two as a pair do you think?

SD, would you say RIO and Ftse are correlated? Could you spread trade these two as a pair do you think?

not spread trade but , weak RIO hampers strength in FTSE, also RIO break of major trendllines can be bearish for FTSE, miners should do well during an economic expansion and if they under-perform it is very bad signal

I found a good article on deciphering risk on and risk off, the ratio of XLP/XLY

sp staples versus Sp discretionary.

not spread trade but , weak RIO hampers strength in FTSE, also RIO break of major trendllines can be bearish for FTSE, miners should do well during an economic expansion and if they under-perform it is very bad signal

I found a good article on deciphering risk on and risk off, the ratio of XLP/XLY

sp staples versus Sp discretionary.

the same applies in some way to banks a rally with weak banks is not healthy for sustained expansion.

good guy to follow on twitter

@Ralph_Acampora
All of the negative news from around the world is NOT new news. Thus, the market has already discounted it.

good guy to follow on twitter

@Ralph_Acampora
All of the negative news from around the world is NOT new news. Thus, the market has already discounted it.

Yeah, I think a lot of the time the market has already priced in the news.

Also why does RIO have such a pull on Ftse? More than say BP?

Yeah, I think a lot of the time the market has already priced in the news.

Also why does RIO have such a pull on Ftse? More than say BP?

RIO BP are in the same camp, i would guess if RIO is down so will BP be down, both resource and affected by dollar and emerging markets

there is a analyst called Kevin Klombies on trader planet he does a lot of articles about this subject

Newsletter Issues - TraderPlanet

Thinking about closing out my short/long. Will leave it until UK close but looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and take a small loss on this one. Don't want to be holding over the weekend.

Ftse just too strong for Dow at the minute.

***although as we speak Dow catching :)

Thinking about closing out my short/long. Will leave it until UK close but looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and take a small loss on this one. Don't want to be holding over the weekend.

Ftse just too strong for Dow at the minute.

***although as we speak Dow catching :)

Soloquan, the US traders when they are bullish bid up ftse before the US open, its a deep liquid market, it works in the opposite direction also,

Soloquan, the US traders when they are bullish bid up ftse before the US open, its a deep liquid market, it works in the opposite direction also,

What's the rationale behind them doing this?

As opposed to them going long/short or vice versa they just go long/long or short/short?

lets say u are short dow stocks, and u see strenght u need to cover, the depth of the futures market may be too smal for the size u want to cover so you go into ftse stocks to hedge your dow stock shorts,

Dow futures out of hours is very thin

As opposed to them going long/short or vice versa they just go long/long or short/short?

u can also verify this your self, when u see ftse very strong relative to dow before the dow opens u will see dow surge higher, if ftse is weaker than dow before us opens, then u see dow sell off sharply when it opens

u can also verify this your self, when u see ftse very strong relative to dow before the dow opens u will see dow surge higher, if ftse is weaker than dow before us opens, then u see dow sell off sharply when it opens

Ah okay, I've seen this numerous times recently, well since I've been spread trading this pair anyway. Today was no exception only that instead of the Dow surge catching up to Ftse, Ftse kept pace and moved at the same rate instead of slower in relation to Dow.

Ah okay, I've seen this numerous times recently, well since I've been spread trading this pair anyway. Today was no exception only that instead of the Dow surge catching up to Ftse, Ftse kept pace and moved at the same rate instead of slower in relation to Dow.

today the dow has recouped 3 days of declines , wow closing in on 3 mth high 13,130

today the dow has recouped 3 days of declines , wow closing in on 3 mth high 13,130

Yep and Ftse kept pace with it. Dow hasn't exceeded ftse in nearly two days... but Dow is just about to change that :clap:

Time for me to exit these trades I think. (y)

Great game of tennis. Federer looks as though he's just stepped on the court though. He's the personification of a true champion. He'd make a great trader. Never panics, keeps calm, carries on, shows little emotion, takes his losses along with the wins and never gets carried away.