Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

hoping for 50-60 point pullback on dow to start longing again
Rather not chase here although you can - and you'll be ok
that 60 point drop would have been nice for a good few points off the long already ;)

Last edited:
Was that a pivot, or trend or a WAG?

None, just pure instinct. The party isn't over just yet. I would say 42k could be the top but you just never know. Until all the shorts close their positions and go long then we should see a substantial correction of 5-8k on the Dow

Last edited:
What do you think about the longer term prospect for the FTSE 100, yesterday it had a v.solid above 7000 close at 7039 spurned on mostly by the big miners- high metal prices- and a huge 7076 close today do you think it's now clearly started to go for pre covid highs of 7600 ? If it's only/mostly spurned on by miners which are very volatile it could easily come down to 7000, right?

What do you think about the longer term prospect for the FTSE 100, yesterday it had a v.solid above 7000 close at 7039 spurned on mostly by the big miners- high metal prices- and a huge 7076 close today do you think it's now clearly started to go for pre covid highs of 7600 ? If it's only/mostly spurned on by miners which are very volatile it could easily come down to 7000, right?
It is (I believe) the only index that hasn't made a new all time high in the last 12 months. Its currently 11% below its all time high. Its a dog (it does even have fleas there's so little life in it).
With all the positives going on Brexit in the rear view mirror, covid cases down to 1 (yes one) this week, easing restrictions, money pumped in from government, Financials doing their best business in the last quarter, commodity prices (oil) at highs ... the index should be 700 points higher.
Nobody loves it, and nobody wants to invest in it, if it goes up, short it. There are much better opportunities almost anywhere else in the world.
Just my opinion feel free to disagree.

It is (I believe) the only index that hasn't made a new all time high in the last 12 months. Its currently 11% below its all time high. Its a dog (it does even have fleas there's so little life in it).
With all the positives going on Brexit in the rear view mirror, covid cases down to 1 (yes one) this week, easing restrictions, money pumped in from government, Financials doing their best business in the last quarter, commodity prices (oil) at highs ... the index should be 700 points higher.
Nobody loves it, and nobody wants to invest in it, if it goes up, short it. There are much better opportunities almost anywhere else in the world.
Just my opinion feel free to disagree.
yes but if it has started to catch up and have a go at getting back to the precovid highs of 7600 on a "recovery play" this could be the start, only thing holding it back was covid and now that's gone there should not be any other obstacle in reclaiming at least 7600 and it could happen fast!good for a swing trade a few months maybe less!

yes but if it has started to catch up and have a go at getting back to the precovid highs of 7600 on a "recovery play" this could be the start, only thing holding it back was covid and now that's gone there should not be any other obstacle in reclaiming at least 7600 and it could happen fast!good for a swing trade a few months maybe less!
I watch the ftse every day, the chart is always on my screen.
Do a search on T2W, select 'advanced' type FTSE and Posted by me, order by date and you can see any unusual activity she has made that I have noticed.
I mentioned on Tuesday it was 'powering ahead' but that is relative to her normal moves, the index does not compare in any way to US indexes.
If the Dow drops 1% the ftse will drop 3% you are beholden to UK economics AND US economics to make money off it.

+58, +30, +30, +31, +45, +60, +150 (all posted live)

might take tomorrow off, or maybe place a small long when I wake up and do something else for the day