Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Screenshot_8.png

how about a YEAR? hows that work for you permabull :|
JJ: As a disclaimer I should note that I'm not trading much atm closed out a Short Cac position at the end of last week. All I have now in indices is a single lot Cac Long and if the market goes against me I'll take the hit and maybe reverse, depending on what's going on.

Anyway, correct me if I misunderstood but it appears to me that you yourself were Long whilst Postman was Short and now that move appears to be over and he's Long, you are now Short.

I don't see how following market moves qualifies anyone as being a "perma" anything. The final arbiter is whether you're in the market and if you are that you're making money. If you reverse positions to make a profit whilst the market is moving in either direction then imho that merely makes one sensible.

As current conditions are uncertain and volatile, it's common sense that there are going to be swings of varying magnitude until there's some clarity about salient factors - such as the Virus, the Economy, the Fed, the China...the Trump, et al and etc etc... so then there's every reason to think that this is not going to suddenly stop. If the market's looking at any one (or more ) of these factors then it doesn't seem unreasonable that the longer term ones (like the Fed's money machine) are going to be a strong influence on the markets until another one takes precedence. If one chooses to be mostly Short when the main trend is up then that's fine but once again imo, it's easier to extract a profit when you're going generally "With" than generally "Against". Whatever your stance, I wish you well.