Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Updated

i have no idea how soon they want to do this (28K), if at all. but i would think they want to drag out the drama, top the yr with that cherry. :unsure:

6 weeks (end of yr)is a long way away by daytrading standard, and 28K is only a few hundred away.

how will they fill in this 'gap'???

The US markets are on a tear, today the DOW hit another record at 27,843 but Europe and Asia did not take cue all closing down, the notable exception being the CAC that has broken its previous highs. The mini trade deal is dying... Trump called it a great deal even though it was not much of a deal at all, still, even this can't be agreed. A lot of hype about trade driving markets but this does not seem to be the case, US markets are making new highs in spite of trade.

There is little to justify the sentiment driving markets higher. In 2018, 73% of company executives reported that their company’s overall performance exceeded that of the previous year, but in Q2 2019, that number had dropped to 68%, dropping further to 60% in Q3. While the sentiment is driving markets up, company performance is contracting. Although corporate health is still relatively solid, growth rates are declining, hiring rates are slowing, economic confidence is wavering, and companies are adjusting down their expectations for expansion in the coming year, also because the US has a dysfunctional government, an impulsive President and an idiot heading the Fed. Ironically, the only person caring about and keeping an eye on the US economy has shown to be too impulsive to enable corporations making long term decisions, and, in any case, is prevented from doing much by people in power more focused on removing him than caring about growth of the economy.

There has to be a point when the reality of the fundamentals squash the inflated sentiment, I remain net short in the US.

Last edited: