Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

this is BS for last 2 hrs,,

they are looking for buyers...cmon step up! feed the monster!
China has named its price for signing the phase 1 agreement. They want a suspension of the pending Dec 15 tariffs and roll-back of $60b of tariffs already in place. The 2nd demand makes it hard for Trump to claim victory in the face of a blunt defeat. Trump may pull a rabbit out of the hat or may walk-away. My money is on the latter considering that phase one got nothing out of the Chinese, they merely re-offered what was agreed to a year ago, but now Trump needs to roll back tariffs to get it... will he buckle?

i don't see what's holding this up, and i don't see any good news coming soon.

we could burn off 1000 pts ...and wouldn't even put a dent in the dow

this is weds.

what say, dowboys, take this down thurs, fri...into weekend and gap it down hard on monday, then pull it back up??sounds like a good plan to me, and i'd do it ..but not running this market :(

shave off 800 or 900 pts

you can feel it, there's cracks in this market. crumbling under its own weight:oops:

some dinasours birds could never fly, too heavy

early November.

only thing we have to look forward to is the 'santa claus' rally. lets take this down now & hard, run it back up about two weeks b4? the market is a hero.

you can feel it, there's cracks in this market. crumbling under its own weight:oops:

some dinasours birds could never fly, too heavy
Well, Trump's claim that China is "desperate" for a deal is just hype. China put a spanner in the works y'day by making public their "price" for a deal and today they said none of the meeting places for a summit are suitable... does not sound like desperation to me and markets did not react to either announcement... trade war fatigue perhaps? or is it that despite Trump's claim that the proposed mini-deal is a big win, markets are yawning at it as it has no substance.

I think market players are focused on the elections, these are now close enough to create the uncertainty that could affect earnings, more than trade could.

CNBC's Patti Domm writes that a dramatic decline in earnings is expected and this will not bode well for stocks, while UBS equity strategist Francois Trahan said: “A contraction in forward-earnings will spell a difficult backdrop for the overall equity market.” He goes on to say: “There is no debate on S&P 500 forward earnings, a contraction appears imminent.”

As for what the election might mean to markets, here's an interesting graph by Goldman Sachs.

[IMG]