Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I swear some sh1t is watching my positions because every time I open it immediately goes 30 points the other way. :mad:

How dya work that out?

I don't know if this even makes sense but..

Bulls and Bears are equally matched so I reckon people are in short around these levels but the stops are likely to just be outside of the high. If more shorts join, the big boys will take the prices up until the stops are hit, we get a flood of buys to exit the short positions and prices goes up more..

I don't know if this even makes sense but..

Bulls and Bears are equally matched so I reckon people are in short around these levels but the stops are likely to just be outside of the high. If more shorts join, the big boys will take the prices up until the stops are hit, we get a flood of buys to exit the short positions and prices goes up more..

Yeah, depends what level it settles out at I suppose.

I dont think that its going to be genuine buyers pushing this higher - vols at the high are relatively light, so its being held up (currently), with a view of guaranteed liquidity on the other side. I think the motive here is to create dumping of the early shorts rather than bring new longs in.

Ie smart money is already short, but too many have joined the party without an invitation (earlier pattern). They need to be shown the exit first, before the party can get started. Probing around at these levels wont cause any loss of sleep for those with a big enough wallet. They will just mop it up in a range bound fashion.

Aug 2019
  • Our Economy is very strong, despite the horrendous lack of vision by Jay Powell and the Fed, but the Democrats are trying to “will” the Economy to be bad for purposes of the 2020 Election. Very Selfish! Our dollar is so strong that it is sadly hurting other parts of the world..."

• "The Fed Rate, over a fairly short period of time, should be reduced by at least 100 basis points, with perhaps some quantitative easing as well. If that happened, our Economy would be even better, and the World Economy would be greatly and quickly enhanced-good for everyone!"

This guy. :rolleyes: