Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I'm averaged in on the dow at 12,647.
This happened to me once before around 3 years ago on the dax, I lost 180 points on 2 positions and swore I'd never do it again. Memory loss at my age is a common thing.

Putting it into context, my car depreciated in value more in the last year than I than I stand to lose if I close everything now.

Lets see how it pans out.

That's not a lot of context, my car was worth about £500 last year!

Have you been more focused on being right at calling the top instead of trading properly?

This happened to me once before around 3 years ago on the dax, I lost 180 points on 2 positions and swore I'd never do it again. Memory loss at my age is a common thing.

Putting it into context, my car depreciated in value more in the last year than I than I stand to lose if I close everything now.

That's most unlike you, postie. Good luck.

Markets do like having a play... we all know it will head south... but when?:eek:

Strike me down with a bag of feathers!

I hope you mean 21,647:cheesy:

As I would also be sweating it If I was short from 12,467:p

I am looking to add some more units up here, overnight limit in at 22020 for a pop up overnight!

That's not a lot of context, my car was worth about £500 last year!

Have you been more focused on being right at calling the top instead of trading properly?

More like trading what I thought was going to happen than what was actually happening. I was trading the red line and the blue line was real life. That last 400 point move up in the past week was just bizarre.
All the other markets have moved up AND down and I have traded them profitably, its just the dow.
Still, if you trade long enough you encounter these things.

Attachments

• RedBlue.png
    RedBlue.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 71
Postie, but mainly WSW. Time is short, i'll be away again soon.

Chart shows why ya go long strongest and short weakest, particularly when hedging for a profit overall. These 3 markets, usually correlated, are out o wack and there is zero point in shorting the Dow, when it's clearly the strongest market ATM.

To work out ya stake ratios, based on comparable historical fixed price moves (legs), divide One index into the other......repeat the calcs periodically to ensure your stake ratios remain current.

eg currently, 1 X Dow = 0.9 S+P = 5.0 Nas

Chart also shows a fixed reference point for each market and the price action intraday around the fixed point. Depending on the action, new positions can be initiated as and when new evidence presents, allowing you to adjust and bias stake positions. The goal as always is to turn a profit. If a position goes your way, then theres nothing to do but go with it. If not, you can have many bites of the cherry using this method,based on the idea that you will be right at some point :LOL: Markets move both ways...don't get married to a position....be flexible and safe, profits will take care of themselves. Remember, stake bias can also be created by removing positions.

Attachments

• compare.png
    compare.png
    198.5 KB · Views: 80

Chart shows why ya go long strongest and short weakest, particularly when hedging for a profit overall. These 3 markets, usually correlated, are out o wack and there is zero point in shorting the Dow, when it's clearly the strongest market ATM.

To work out ya stake ratios, based on comparable historical fixed price moves (legs), divide One index into the other......repeat the calcs periodically to ensure your stake ratios remain current.

eg currently, 1 X Dow = 0.9 S+P = 5.0 Nas

Chart also shows a fixed reference point for each market and the price action intraday around the fixed point. Depending on the action, new positions can be initiated as and when new evidence presents, allowing you to adjust and bias stake positions. The goal as always is to turn a profit. If a position goes your way, then theres nothing to do but go with it. If not, you can have many bites of the cherry using this method,based on the idea that you will be right at some point :LOL: Markets move both ways...don't get married to a position....be flexible and safe, profits will take care of themselves. Remember, stake bias can also be created by removing positions.

Thanks for this mate, a clear insight in showing there are more than a few ways to interact with the markets. As you know personally this is an area I have not really delved into before (also a lack of respect to the possibilities/opportunities). Going to rework some of my older methods from a different viewpoint.

Will keep you posted with any interesting finds going forward. Should be able to scalp a session a day, and work some positions on a larger time horizon during the other periods.

Thanks again(y)

Thanks for this mate, a clear insight in showing there are more than a few ways to interact with the markets. As you know personally this is an area I have not really delved into before (also a lack of respect to the possibilities/opportunities). Going to rework some of my older methods from a different viewpoint.

Will keep you posted with any interesting finds going forward. Should be able to scalp a session a day, and work some positions on a larger time horizon during the other periods.

Thanks again(y)

As if by magic !

Attachments

• SW-context.png
    SW-context.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 77
  • SW-context-4hr.png
    SW-context-4hr.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Cheers CV better late than never, lesson learnt (again).

But theres no way the dow will break 22,000 this week... wait a minute, oh sh1t.

Can I short it now? :whistling